Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

K&N Air Intake??

Old 06-19-2013, 08:56 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default K&N Air Intake??

Hey guys, I've always seen other Jeeps and off road vehicles with K&N high performance filters installed and my question is, do they make a significant difference?? Power, mpg?? Any thoughts and pics of yours?
Old 06-19-2013, 09:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jkhunter88
Hey guys, I've always seen other Jeeps and off road vehicles with K&N high performance filters installed and my question is, do they make a significant difference?? Power, mpg?? Any thoughts and pics of yours?
Nothing! Just sound. If you go off road you are better off with stock, with an inclosed housing after market or going with a snorkel. Not much gains on any CAI. Just replace your factory filter with a better filter.

Semper Fi, Drew
Old 06-19-2013, 09:30 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the info!! OIIIIIIIO
Old 06-19-2013, 09:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Killfoot1775

Nothing! Just sound. If you go off road you are better off with stock, with an inclosed housing after market or going with a snorkel. Not much gains on any CAI. Just replace your factory filter with a better filter.

Semper Fi, Drew
I have to disagree, I have the Volant snorkel with the full CAI. If you follow the instructions carefully to make sure you have a sealed unit you are getting alot cooler air directly into your filter. I have noticed power and mpg gains in mine. Just my two cents.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:11 AM
JK Newbie

Are they difficult to install??
Old 06-19-2013, 10:13 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jkhunter88
Are they difficult to install??

Not difficult, just time consuming. I have one on my 2013. Can't complain...
Old 06-19-2013, 10:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sirtreysif

I have to disagree, I have the Volant snorkel with the full CAI. If you follow the instructions carefully to make sure you have a sealed unit you are getting alot cooler air directly into your filter. I have noticed power and mpg gains in mine. Just my two cents.
Sorry not much info on what I posted, I will agree with you! A true and very true CAI will give gains. A snorkel becomes a ram air.....more and cooler air = gains

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 06-19-2013, 04:20 PM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

Just go with a K&N drop in filter. You can always add a snorkle down the road if you want.
Old 07-08-2013, 03:41 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Ryan0260
Just go with a K&N drop in filter. You can always add a snorkle down the road if you want.
IM thinking of doing the same i have a snorkel fitted already and use a pre-filter and that is alot cheaper than changing the air filer over and over. just wash and reuse.
Old 07-08-2013, 03:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Ryan0260
I agree I have the whole system. But later on be better with the snorkel. Unless you don't hit the water

Quick Reply: K&N Air Intake??