Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

K&N Air Filter or Cold Air Intake?

Old 11-02-2007, 04:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default K&N Air Filter or Cold Air Intake?

What does everyone think is the better way? Should I throw in a K&N filter, maybe even drill the air box or go cold air route. I don't get off road much so mud won't be an issue. What does everyone else have?
Old 11-02-2007, 05:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Well I have a CAI on my 02 Impala and love it, thinking about putting one on the Jeep. if u are not in heavy mud and water, or really deep snow sure it will be fine
Old 11-02-2007, 05:08 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had a drop in K&N, drilled airbox, decided to order AIRAID cai, it's wayyy better . A little sound, tiny better throttle response with K&drilled, big difference with CAI and Flowmaster . In short don't waste your money on a drop in K&N and ruin your stock airbox Save and get the CAI
Old 11-02-2007, 06:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

If you are looking for a filter that just doesn't need to be maintained as often a K&N replacement is fine.

But, if you are looking for a power increase the CAI is the way to go. And you get the lower maintenance anyway.

I had put both in my last truck before I bought my JK. The difference was night and day as far as the power. First I had just the K&N filter and really did not notice much of a difference. With the K&N CAI you could really feel the difference on the highway and during acceleration. Add a cat back system and it's even better.

Instead of the K&N I went with the Airaid CAI for the JK and I think it's great.

Last edited by spencenaz; 11-04-2007 at 06:50 AM.
Old 11-03-2007, 07:08 PM
JK Freak

Definitely the cai is the way to go. I used the AEM and it worked out great. A good sound and seemingly more power.
Old 11-04-2007, 06:43 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Real power increase???? How many of you drive your Jeep at 5k rpm's???/ That is where you get your power from a k&n.
Old 11-05-2007, 04:03 PM
JK Newbie

Default Airaid CAI and Throttle Body Spacer

I went with the Airaid CAI and throttle body spacer. It made a huge difference. I did the same with my TJ about 3 years ago and was real happy with it so I did the mod to my JK. The lower end torque is better and I've notice a 3-4 MPG gain.
Old 11-05-2007, 04:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default which CAI

I see alot of people recommending the CAI and a lot with AFE and Airaid. I was considering the Volant and was wondering which CAI is the "best". If i'm hijacking the thread i'm sorry but this seemed very related? I'm really looking mostly for the mpg improvement but the power is a nice bonus. I'm hopeing to get a good cat back as well.

Quick Reply: K&N Air Filter or Cold Air Intake?