Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

K&n 63 filter charger initial review

Old 03-16-2011, 03:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default K&n 63 filter charger initial review

this afternoon the fedex guy brought me my cai that i ordered. i was able to put in on by myself in around 30-45 minutes. very good directions; the exploded diagrams always help me.

i went out for a test run because i is beautiful today and i was very surprised by the wonderful growl that happens at about 3000rpm up to redline. i really dont care if there are any performance gains because that noise is worth it. on the subject of noise, from 2000 rpm until 3000 rpm there is an annoying whistle that im not too keen on. not a big deal but that is what i noticed. along with that "spluff" noise that you always get with a cai when you mash the gas.

in regards to performance, there is a little better response but that needs a little more assessment. as for fuel economy, i will run a few tanks through it and see, i was getting 18mpg around town and 21mpg highway.

pictures coming soon!

Quick Reply: K&n 63 filter charger initial review