Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

JW Speaker Evo 2 vs Trucklites

Old 12-03-2015, 11:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That would be awesome if you could put one of each in an compare them at night time.
Old 12-03-2015, 11:42 AM
JK Freak

I have owned both. I sold the JW EVO 2 lights before I ever installed them after seeing them on a friend's rig. I already had truck lights and decided to keep them. That and the JW look dosent fit my jeep. The high beam on the truck lights is superior.
Old 12-03-2015, 12:41 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What about the new J series? Apparently a different pattern.
Old 12-04-2015, 03:12 AM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Invest2m4
What about the new J series? Apparently a different pattern.
The beam pattern from the new ones are the same, just they redsigned the housing for their little funny/dumb DRL ring. very mall crawler if you ask me. The truck lite high beams are better than any others I have seen yet. even though certain peoples little light meters say other wise. That's because they get in the big blob of light the JW throws down and theres nothing to the sides.
Old 12-05-2015, 02:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Before deciding between the two. I would strongly encourage you to consider going into the vendor's thread and look at the new Trail-Flames by Ignite. Very similar to JWs in appearance. However, these are DOT/SAE, anti-flicker, no codes thrown, best light output pattern I have seen to date and half the price. Also DRL(white) and secondary turn signal (in amber) options built in.

Last edited by jkk9; 12-05-2015 at 02:46 AM.
Old 12-05-2015, 03:16 AM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

The signal light function is pretty cool, but the beam pattern is very JW ish, and the truck lite puts out a more even beam and highbeam from the truck lite is better as well.
Old 12-05-2015, 06:46 AM
JK Freak

I don't recall correctly for sure or not but didn't KC put out a light that looked identical to the truck lights except it performed better?
Old 12-05-2015, 08:07 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MAG00
I currently have the Trucklite headlights on my rig. Would the JW Speaker 8700 Evo 2 headlights be much of an upgrade? How do they compare? I was looking at the Northridge4x4 sale, which is a pretty big discount on the JW Speakers from what I can tell.

IN other words, is there a significant enough difference to justify swapping them out?

Thanks.
A more expensive product is not always necessarily better.
I think you already got the better headlights.
You have --
More even light spread than any other option.
Wider light spread than the JW, AND a sharper cutoff, which means you can aim the TruckLite farther without blinding on-coming traffic, AND have a wider light spread at that longer distance (increased chance to see an animal eyes glare at the road side).
You don't lose the low light when switching to high.
Old 12-05-2015, 08:28 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DKJEEP
I don't recall correctly for sure or not but didn't KC put out a light that looked identical to the truck lights except it performed better?
TruckLite have their unique reflector design which gives a more even light spread which the other candidates' reflectors can't deliver.

The KC doesn't get near the evenness of the TruckLite.
The illuminated area is full of bright and dark areas, with a disturbing hot spot --
Click image for larger version

Name:	KC - LED - Hot Spot.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	631618

Click image for larger version

Name:	KC vs TruckLite - LOW beam - JPEG.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	631619

Last edited by GJeep; 12-05-2015 at 08:31 AM.
Old 12-05-2015, 01:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for that info. Yeah I was thinking of changing my head lights also. I have trucklites. I like them. I wanted to change them out because I want jw taillights. But now don't think it will be worth it.

Quick Reply: JW Speaker Evo 2 vs Trucklites