Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Just purchased my first Jeep! Questions on lift, tires, wheels, tire rack.

Old 04-04-2012, 04:06 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just purchased my first Jeep! Questions on lift, tires, wheels, tire rack.

Hey guys,

I am the proud owner of a new 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited! I have a friend that works at a ARB and got a great deal on the Old Mam Emu JK 2.5 lift. That's being shipped as we speak. I am set on 18" XD Rockstars. I really like the Nitto Trail Grapplers and would like 35".

1. Will that combo fit with my lift? (no rub, etc?)

2. What's the proper tire spec that I should order? Offset? ???/??/18

3. With the heavy set of wheel/tire, what's the best tire rack to order?

4. Anything else I should be looking into? Any other advice you vets want to throw my way would be greatly appreciated!!

Schmitto
Old 04-04-2012, 04:11 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Schmitto9393
Hey guys,

I am the proud owner of a new 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited! I have a friend that works at a ARB and got a great deal on the Old Mam Emu JK 2.5 lift. That's being shipped as we speak. I am set on 18" XD Rockstars. I really like the Nitto Trail Grapplers and would like 35".

1. Will that combo fit with my lift? (no rub, etc?)

2. What's the proper tire spec that I should order? Offset? ???/??/18

3. With the heavy set of wheel/tire, what's the best tire rack to order?

4. Anything else I should be looking into? Any other advice you vets want to throw my way would be greatly appreciated!!

Schmitto
You should not have any rub. I believe you have enough backs pacing on that wheel

Depends on the tire but a 35 usually runs like 315/70

Not sure on the tire rack. Plenty of good ones but they all seem expensive as hell to me

I would not picked 18 wheels of I were you. I have them on my Sahara and the tires are expensive and my size choices are limited. 15 or 17 is the way to go I think.

Congrats and enjoy.
Old 04-04-2012, 04:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

For the wheels as long a the backspacing is less than 4.5 then your fine. And for tire carriers.. What's your price range and what type of wheeling do you plan on doing.?
Old 04-04-2012, 05:06 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks guys!

Rays, I have a deal on 18's from a friend that is selling his Jeep and putting his stock tires back on for the sale. I am learning about backspacing as we speak... lol

Mr. Smiley, I will look to make sure the wheel has less than 4.5. My price range is open for the tire carriers. I will be doing some off roading but nothing too crazy. I would say 'moderate' wheeling. My jeep is white and I would like the carrier to match my jeep in color if possible while making sure my tailgate stays in great shape. That being said, what do you think?

Thanks for all of your help... I'm trying to read as much as I can to get up to speed.
Old 04-04-2012, 06:45 AM
JK Newbie

Just a thought, you could run a KM2 35X12.5 with your setup, as the KM2 is not the biggest of all the 35's. As far a backspacing 4.5 or less and you'll be good to go. Don't do this, but I f'ed up and got my Cragar steelies(17in) with 5.00 back spacing and they work 100% fine with my AEV 3.5. I run the KM2's I mentioned above. No rubbing at all. So 4.5 BS will be fine and you'll be set. Good luck!
Old 04-04-2012, 09:18 AM
JK Newbie

Looks like the backspacing is 5..... Is that still ok?

Quick Reply: Just purchased my first Jeep! Questions on lift, tires, wheels, tire rack.