Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Just pulled trigger on this bumper

Old 09-25-2012, 02:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just pulled trigger on this bumper

I just bought this, did it spur of moment, it is a Rockhard shorty, what is everyone's experience with them..... Maybe should have done this before I hit pay. . Hopefully you can reassure me it was a good purchase and is not going to fall apart
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	$(KGrHqV,!lcE8MfFpM,5BPL)S9pBOw~~60_57[1].jpg
Views:	261
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	370596  
Old 09-25-2012, 02:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by whitejeepjk
I just bought this, did it spur of moment, it is a Rockhard shorty, what is everyone's experience with them..... Maybe should have done this before I hit pay. . Hopefully you can reassure me it was a good purchase and is not going to fall apart
Probably a good idea to ask beforehand, but at least if you get bad reviews you can start saving now and resell a new unused Rockhard shorty. Lol.... looks sweet though
Old 09-25-2012, 02:41 PM
JK Newbie

Haha awe man I can't even deliver the bad news.........
Old 09-25-2012, 02:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Really is it bad?
Old 09-25-2012, 02:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have both my rear and front bumper made by them. They're a local shop and they actually do great work! For the price it's quality stuff, two year warranty, and well constructed.

Certainly not the best out there, but I'm really happy with both of them!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2748922950.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	370597   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3405773972.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	370599   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-280674161.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	370600  
Old 09-25-2012, 02:48 PM
JK Newbie

Naw man I'm just kidding. Unfortunately I have no real experience nor have read about this bumper before. It does look cool though, thumbs up for appearance!
Old 09-25-2012, 02:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by McNultyOttawa
I have both my rear and front bumper made by them. They're a local shop and they actually do great work! For the price it's quality stuff, two year warranty, and well constructed.

Certainly not the best out there, but I'm really happy with both of them!
*keep in mind you ordered a "rock hard fabs" bumper, not to be confused by "rock hard". Totally different company
Old 09-25-2012, 02:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Rock Hard products are stout. I really use their skid plates and have seen there front & rear bumpers in person.

You don't have to worry.... You'll like the construction & quality, if not call Rock Hard & the owner will make it right. The neat thing about this bumper is that you can buy tow bar adapters that bolt under the tow clevis points.

The only reason I'm considering other bumpers is to save weight, as Rock Hard bumpers are built with a lot of steel...
Old 09-25-2012, 02:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Dude you just gave me a heart attack. Oh really, did not there was a difference, thanks for info. How is the powercoat?
Old 09-25-2012, 02:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by azsandrider
Rock Hard products are stout. I really use their skid plates and have seen there front & rear bumpers in person.

You don't have to worry.... You'll like the construction & quality, if not call Rock Hard & the owner will make it right. The neat thing about this bumper is that you can buy tow bar adapters that bolt under the tow clevis points.

The only reason I'm considering other bumpers is to save weight, as Rock Hard bumpers are built with a lot of steel...
Haha there is going to be a lot of confusion in this thread. This is ROCK HARD FABS, and it will be surely confused with the other ROCK HARD. I have seen this jeep in person haha.

In assuming your not speaking of rock hard fabs? But really cool if you are, didn't realize he was getting so big!

Quick Reply: Just pulled trigger on this bumper