Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Just Ordered TF 2.5" Coil/Shocks Lift...CAM Bolts?

Old 05-23-2010, 05:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mine is fine

I installed this lift a year ago. Just the lift, nothing else. Have never had one issue or even a light come on on the dash. Didnt even have to straighten my steering wheel or get an alignment. Just lucky I guess.

Put in the lift (yourself) first and see if anything comes up then deal with it. Dont go down the cam bolt road though
Old 05-23-2010, 07:02 AM
JK Freak

A TF 2.5 coil lift and stck shock extentions on my Rubi Unlimited was all I needed. Drives like stock!
No fuss no muss in dealing with cam bolts....
Old 05-23-2010, 08:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Cam Bolts vs LCA

I have a 3" Fabtech lift and am now 100% AGAINST cam bolts. I have them on my unlimited and the ride sucks, they are tight as hell and still move a little. A little movement equals a lot of axle movement. This causes crappy ride, and death wobble on nasty bumps. My deathwobble was so bad at 1 point that it ripped the trackbar bracket off doing 60 mph. If this doesnt scare you at all, then go ahead.

By the way, I used to drive my JK at 80 mph before the lift, and wont go over 60 now. Will be going Rustys LCA eventually, along with the weldable trackbar bracket from Quadratec once I save some loot.

Good luck and go LCA or nothing.
Old 05-23-2010, 08:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ae6332
ya you will honestly be fine without cam bolts or lower arms depending on what your looking for ride wise.

I have the same lift and I have driven it for a long time without adjustable lowers so please dont install the cam bolts for the same reason the guy above said you will just have to "fix" it later.

IMO
I agree, I've had this lift for over two years with no cam bolts or adjustable control arms. No problems at all!
Old 05-23-2010, 08:54 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm no engineer, but I drove with a 4in Superlift , no cambolts, no adj frt lowers for over a year. I did, when adjusting toe in, adjusted too much in and drove it down the street and hit a bump at 40mph, got DW immediately. Re-adjusted my toe , no DW. I think sometimes( not all the time) that when people lift there jk's there is something else going on besides the castor prob with flightyness. Now,that's not to say that when someone adds front lowers for more castor that it does take away the DW. If it does great, but I think there may still be something hiding that's the root cause, not just castor.This is my opinion though, not scientific, just from what I've experienced. That's why I say drive it first and see if you can live with what you got ( as far as handling) and if you do get DW, check everything possible before adding lowers and spending money on something you may or may not need according to your preference.
Old 05-26-2010, 09:37 AM
JK Newbie

All the recommendation sound good. The lift gets installed next Tuesday, TF 2.5 inch coil/shock lift, and I also picked up and will add JKS adj front&rear trackbars, JKS Discos. Will not use cam bolts, and will see how the ride is without LCA's. If its too weird I'll add LCA's. Thanks for all the suggestions and I'll let you know how it works out.

Quick Reply: Just Ordered TF 2.5" Coil/Shocks Lift...CAM Bolts?