Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Just ordered a TeraFlex 1.25” body lift - Review coming soon

Old 04-22-2013, 10:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Just ordered a TeraFlex 1.25” body lift - Review coming soon

So I just ordered a TeraFlex 1.25” body lift.
I had previously bought the rough country 1.25” kit and didn’t like that you had to remove the pressed studs from each body mount,
so i never installed that one and sold it to a forum member.

Heres the link to the TeraFlex kit:
| TeraFlex Suspensions

I had it shipped next day air ($$$$$) bc i have a trail ride planned for this upcoming weekend and want it on by then.
Ill post some photos of the install and review it all after the ride this saturday.
I looked around online for reviews and couldn’t find ANYTHING on the teralex kit.
It should be a breeze to install bc you don’t have to reuse/grind/hammer on etc any of the factory hardware.
They provide all new bolts and washers. You don’t have to remove the front grill or disconnect any lights either.
Time will tell though.

And to all those who will reply to this thread “You don’t want a body lift. They're shit. etc etc”, i say to you:
don’t waste your time. i have a 2.5” suspension lift and wanted to get closer to 4” total tire clearance under the fenders and DID NOT want to change driveline or steering angles anymore than i did with the 2.5” suspension lift.
And yes, i have chopped my fenders. This isn’t a “should i get a body lift thread”.
Im just reviewing the teraflex kit for anyone interested.

Last edited by Westtexasjku; 04-22-2013 at 11:06 AM.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Westtexasjku
So I just ordered a TeraFlex 1.25” body lift.
I had previously bought the rough country 1.25” kit and didn’t like that you had to remove the pressed studs from each body mount,
so i never installed that one and sold it to a forum member.

Heres the link to the TeraFlex kit:
| TeraFlex Suspensions

I had it shipped next day air ($$$$$) bc i have a trail ride planned for this upcoming weekend and want it on by then.
Ill post some photos of the install and review it all after the ride this saturday.
I looked around online for reviews and couldn’t find ANYTHING on the teralex kit.
It should be a breeze to install bc you don’t have to reuse/grind/hammer on etc any of the factory hardware.
They provide all new bolts and washers. You don’t have to remove the front grill or disconnect any lights either.
Time will tell though.

And to all those who will reply to this thread “You don’t want a body lift. They're shit. etc etc”, i say to you:
don’t waste your time. i have a 2.5” suspension lift and wanted to get closer to 4” total tire clearance under the fenders and DID NOT want to change driveline or steering angles anymore than i did with the 2.5” suspension lift.
And yes, i have chopped my fenders. This isn’t a “should i get a body lift thread”.
Im just reviewing the teraflex kit for anyone interested.

heres what you get
Click image for larger version

Name:	jk_body_lift.jpg
Views:	635
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	449907

Last edited by Westtexasjku; 04-22-2013 at 11:06 AM.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:26 PM
JK Newbie

Just in time, I'm thinking about buying this same kit. Let me know how it goes. I'm in the same boat, I have the 2.5 budget boost and just looking for a little bit more. Good luck and post some pics when u get it done...
Old 04-22-2013, 01:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Looking forward to the review...was about to pull the trigger on that kit when it first came out. Good luck
Old 04-22-2013, 01:13 PM
JK Newbie

Looking forward to your review. I was thinking about ordering it next week. Posts pics when you're done.
Old 05-24-2013, 08:23 AM
JK Newbie

Anything to report?
Old 05-25-2013, 06:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I installed a RC BL today and it is an easy install. Teraflex is twice as expensive and pressing out the studs takes a couple of seconds for each mount with a shop hammer. Plus the RC lift comes with new rear bumper brackets so your bumper isn't exposing your seams in the rear...

Full disclosure, I installed the Poly Performance 1" BL on mine in 2010 and initially thought pressing out the studs would be a big deal too. It isn't.

Last edited by scottman; 05-25-2013 at 07:02 PM.
Old 05-26-2013, 03:56 AM
JK Freak

A wise man once said, "body lifts get a bad rap." I concur. GodSpeed on thee install.
Old 06-07-2013, 12:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Any updates from the op?
Old 07-24-2013, 08:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

forgot about updating this
the install was a breeze
followed the provided instructions
the only thing that was lacking from them was torque specs for the body bolts, but that was easy to find on me own
the extra 1.25" was well worth it
after purchasing then selling after not installing rough countrys body lift i can def say that teraflexes kit runs circles around rc's
with the teraflex use dont have to try to reuse any of your old hardware
they give you all new stuff
so no banging bolts out of body mounts or grinding washers down
it took us about an hour or so in a dark driveway
the extra 1.25" helped me get that little bit of extra tire room for upward travel that i needed/wanted
plus it took my 2.5" suspension lift and made it look like a 3.75" lift without raising my center of gravity any more or increasing and steering or drive line angles any more.
people who say body lifts are crap are wrong (unless theyre talking about a pos kit and/or one that is like 6" tall)
1.25" does not leave a noticeable body gap AT ALL
most of the guys in my club didnt even know i had installed a body lift, they thought i took off my 2.5 and added a 4".
i give the lift kit by teraflex a 9.5 out of 10
would've been a 10 if the price was a little less, but i understand they have their name on it and it was done right.
thanks teraflex!

Quick Reply: Just ordered a TeraFlex 1.25” body lift - Review coming soon