Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Just ordered Duratracs for stock wheels! 725/70r18. Questions inside.

Old 11-21-2013, 04:54 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just ordered Duratracs for stock wheels! 725/70r18. Questions inside.

Just ordered 5 new Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs at 275/70r18 for the stock Sahara wheels. Will be having them installed within the next 2-3 weeks. Did NOT order spacers... did some searching and thought that I "could be" alright, but any second opinions on anyone with these sizes on stock 18s? And as for tire pressure, what PSI is optimal for these tires at that size. They are a load "E" rating, and when I searched found answers for "C" and "D", not so much E.... From what I found, I'm looking to run them at 35psi. That too much? They will be used for daily driving - lots of highway driving, and the weekend trails. Thanks for any help.

EDIT: Photo album on page 2. Inspired Engineering cube fog lights, 275/70r18 duratracs, and spidtertraxx 1.5inch spacers!

Last edited by j0ker; 12-11-2013 at 06:14 PM.
Old 11-21-2013, 05:15 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

725/70r18?? Running 58"x28.5" is going to be one badass Jeep!! Might want to get some axles off a bus or somthing?

Sorry, couldn't resist. Haha

You shouldn't have an issue. Might have to do very minor trimming of the air dam, but not an issue. 35 psi sounds a little high. Try 32-33 psi.
Old 11-21-2013, 05:18 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

I would start at around 30psi and see how they feel. I have 285/70-17 E rated and find that 30psi feels great and no strange wear on both my 13 jku and 14 jkur.
Old 11-21-2013, 05:51 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Invest2m4
725/70r18?? Running 58"x28.5" is going to be one badass Jeep!! Might want to get some axles off a bus or somthing?

Sorry, couldn't resist. Haha

You shouldn't have an issue. Might have to do very minor trimming of the air dam, but not an issue. 35 psi sounds a little high. Try 32-33 psi.
ha! Didn't notice the typo... but thanks. I guess I'll try somewhere between 30-32psi after the comment below as well.

Originally Posted by jadmt
I would start at around 30psi and see how they feel. I have 285/70-17 E rated and find that 30psi feels great and no strange wear on both my 13 jku and 14 jkur.
Sounds good to me. Did you have any concern about the "E" load range like most people do? I'm not too sharp on what that means, but I'll take your word on it and run 30-32psi. Thanks!
Old 11-21-2013, 05:57 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by j0ker
ha! Didn't notice the typo... but thanks. I guess I'll try somewhere between 30-32psi after the comment below as well.

Sounds good to me. Did you have any concern about the "E" load range like most people do? I'm not too sharp on what that means, but I'll take your word on it and run 30-32psi. Thanks!
no but I have run E rated tires prior so no concern at all. If you set the psi correctly they run smooth.
Old 11-21-2013, 08:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have the duratracs in the same size. Before I got spacers I had to trim the airdam and did have some minor rubbing on the tie rod at full turn. It was livable, but I'm glad I added the spacers.

I love the look of since adding the spacers, just fills out the fenders better and gives the look it should look like from the factory.

So you can go without spacers but from my experience I would recommend getting them.

I haven't aired mine down at all yet still running whatever they set them at when installed. And it is a bit stiff with the thick E sidewall. I will be lowering the psi to see if I can smooth it out some.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:15 AM
JK Newbie

Let us know how you like them how your MPG change I'm looking at doing the same setup only with a 2.5 in lift
Old 11-22-2013, 08:01 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by bad1chad
I have the duratracs in the same size. Before I got spacers I had to trim the airdam and did have some minor rubbing on the tie rod at full turn. It was livable, but I'm glad I added the spacers.

I love the look of since adding the spacers, just fills out the fenders better and gives the look it should look like from the factory.

So you can go without spacers but from my experience I would recommend getting them.

I haven't aired mine down at all yet still running whatever they set them at when installed. And it is a bit stiff with the thick E sidewall. I will be lowering the psi to see if I can smooth it out some.
Which spacers did you go with and what size? Spidertraxx? That extra $200+ is a killer especially after just order the inspired-engineering LED fog lights as well....

Originally Posted by Gollas108
Let us know how you like them how your MPG change I'm looking at doing the same setup only with a 2.5 in lift
Will do. I've seen a lot of scattered posts about these sized tires on stock wheels and stuff. I will try to start it's own thread with pictures of every little detail and an entire review.
Old 11-22-2013, 12:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

I did go with 1.5 spidertrax. I hear you on spending the money. It never ends.

You won't need them, I went a while without before I decided to add them. But I don't think you'll regret it if you decide to get them down the road.
Old 11-22-2013, 12:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bad1chad
You won't need them, I went a while without before I decided to add them. But I don't think you'll regret it if you decide to get them down the road.
x2 on that.

I put 275/70R17 on my stock wheels without spacers and ran them that way for a while. They would rub against the swaybar at full turn, but knowing that I was able to just adjust my driving (and parking!) habits until I got some spacers. And while the Spidertrax are great, I actually bought the Rough Country 1.5" spacers for a lot less money. I think I paid about $125 for the pair. Just installed them today, so if I end up with my wheels coming off on the highway this week I'll make sure and post an update.

Quick Reply: Just ordered Duratracs for stock wheels! 725/70r18. Questions inside.