Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Just installed unichip programer

Old 03-22-2010, 01:08 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just installed unichip programer

A friend just gave me a Unichip Programer that he had on his '07 Unlimited until he sold it recently. He almost always used high test and the high power setting and said the Jeep ran like a slightly scalded cat. I also have an '07 with an AEM intake and Gibson dual exhaust and installed the Unichip. On the low power setting I didn't notice any real increase in performance but my mileage went up almost 2mpg. I filled up with a tank of high test and tried the high power setting. I immediately got a lightening bolt and the Jeep ran like crap until I switched back to low setting. Did I do something wrong or does the programer just not like my Jeep? Any suggestions from Unichip owners would be helpful.
Old 04-22-2010, 07:27 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 169 Likes on 144 Posts

Looks like there are no Unichip owners.
Old 04-23-2010, 12:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you should reprogram it again, it is not a tunner like superchips or hypertech
you should program it on your jk mods

Quick Reply: Just installed unichip programer