Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Just installed rough country 1.5" wheel spacers, yay or nay?

Old 03-22-2016, 06:20 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nthinuf
To run taller/wider tires, you generally want to run less backspace (move the rims out). Whether you buy new rims with less backspace, or add spacers to run less effective backspace, the 'stress' on parts should be about the same. The wheel bearings aren't really going to know the difference, right?

If you are asking 'Are wheel spacers safe?', try this thread:
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...s-safe-317080/

If you are asking specifically about RC spacers vs any other mfg, try this one:
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...safety-130315/

For gearing, there are about a bajillion threads to read through for opinions. Depends on which engine you have, and which transmission, and where you live, and how you drive, and what your expectations are, and ...

Programming, yes you will want to. Aev procal and superchips flashcal are the most popular programers. If you want a little extra hp as well as the programming, superchips flashpaq and diablosport intune I think are the most popular tuners.
Originally Posted by DJ1
Yeah you'll need something like an AEV Procal or other similar device to reprogram in the different size tire....
This is something I could program myself with the procal right?
Old 03-22-2016, 06:39 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by sa29560
Just makes some room to steer!

You could fit 35s on 2.5. That's what I'm at as well as many others.
yep...

or 35's w/no lift for now until you sort it all out....4.75 backspace

Old 03-22-2016, 11:09 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by rugahrahj
This is something I could program myself with the procal right?
Yes, any of the programmers/tuners will let you adjust the tire size and gear ratio.

The procal uses dipswitches, the flashcal has a screen and is internet update-able. The procal will let you adjust tire psi settings and shut the tpms system off completely. The flashcal will not adjust psi any more, it will only let you turn it off.
Old 03-22-2016, 12:36 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by nthinuf
Yes, any of the programmers/tuners will let you adjust the tire size and gear ratio. The procal uses dipswitches, the flashcal has a screen and is internet update-able. The procal will let you adjust tire psi settings and shut the tpms system off completely. The flashcal will not adjust psi any more, it will only let you turn it off.
good to know bro thanks...I was able to lift the rear today myself...I should be able to lift the front end tomorrow morning

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-565444095.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	475.9 KB
ID:	641493

Quick Reply: Just installed rough country 1.5" wheel spacers, yay or nay?