Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Just installed the RIPP MODS ... Supercharger !!!!!!

Old 01-19-2009, 06:13 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lowrpmtork
I figured I would see this !!!! My computer crashed and the new laptop did not come with a PHOTO software .... SORRY !!!

If you go to their site RippMods.com their are pics of a yellow installed .... Mine looks the same only my JEEP is Hulkgreen ( not Rescue Green )
Old 01-19-2009, 09:15 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by OlegFl
Congrats!!!!! I put 7,000 miles on mine already and everyday the charger performs better and better.
So what's your mileage like?
Old 01-19-2009, 10:07 AM
JK Newbie

how does the transmission feel? any changes, bad or good? Dont get to see many sc'd 6 speeds so im very interested to hear your opinion and how the clutch and tranny are holding up
Old 01-19-2009, 01:43 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
So what's your mileage like?

I just installed it so I only NOW have just over 100 miles of smiles
Old 01-19-2009, 01:51 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Infidel616
how does the transmission feel? any changes, bad or good? Dont get to see many sc'd 6 speeds so im very interested to hear your opinion and how the clutch and tranny are holding up
Trans has no diffrent feel than before ..... There is no real change ....... Other than I never used 1st gear unless I was at the ORV Park I always took off in 2nd gear .... and you had to feather the gas to not stall the engine ( due to lack of low end torque ) and now I have to say 2nd is as easy as 1st used to be ( due to enough torque not to bog down ) !!!

I noticed that today driving in town !! What a JOY to drive !!!

I talked to Ripp Mods today and they said that as the SC and Electronics " broke " in the economy would increase ..... I have noticed a slight increase so far like 2 mpg !!! I will keep everyone posted
Old 01-19-2009, 01:53 PM
JK Freak

Congrats!!!!! I put 7,000 miles on mine already and everyday the charger performs better and better.

Just wanted to ask what was your initial increase in mpg and what is your NOW mpg with 7000 miles Do you have Auto or 6-spd ????
Old 01-19-2009, 03:23 PM
JK Freak

I noticed around a 2mpg on the highwayh increase, didn't notice it to increase much after the first couple hundred miles. But to tell you the truth, I don't stare much at the mpg to give you exact #'s so it may have increased from 2mpg to 2.3 mpg in the last few thousand miles, I wouldn't notice though. One thing that I did notice is that when comparing a 4dr with 5.13's and 35's, and my 4dr with 4.10's and supercharger, both going pretty much the same speed the whole time, the 4dr without the supercharger had his tank on empty when mine had about 40 miles left in it.

That is not quite the 6 mpg city and 11 mpg hiway that was advertised !!???

Do you have auto or stick ???
Old 01-19-2009, 03:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Where did you read there was a 6mpg city and 11mpg highway increase? That's about a 50% increase in MPG.
Old 01-19-2009, 03:40 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by SaharaBlackNo1
Where did you read there was a 6mpg city and 11mpg highway increase? That's about a 50% increase in MPG.
Can't remember if it was on their site or where .... But , I will have to do some research to find out for you !!
Old 01-19-2009, 03:46 PM
JK Freak

Found it .. it was on the Ripp Site :

The Dyno curve is very linear, with the power curve found in a usable RPM range, especially from low RPM. When used in 4W-low the power is instantly available and completely manageable. Daily Driving an SDS powered Wrangler is like driving a V8 powered vehicle without the poor gas mileage and acceleration is no problem, getting up to highway speed in no longer a task. We initially tested with two RIPP Powered Wrangler’s; our in house Wrangler X Unlimited with over 36kof supercharged miles on 35" tires and 5.13 gearing still runs like a champ. The other running in Rough Country Suspensions corporate vehicle a 07 Rubicon Unlimited with over 14k of their own. RIPP has recently acquired a 2008 Rubicon Unlimited and finalized testing in June of 2008 with an additional 4500 miles of testing, making the kit fully developed. These tests finalized our electronics and long term fuel trims. We are happy to report gas mileage has gone up nearly 6 miles per gallon in the city and over 11 highway WHEN DRIVEN respectfully for more info please email mailto:tech@rippmods.com

The last sentence .... of course " when driven respectfully " ..... I have to admit it is HARD !!!

Quick Reply: Just installed the RIPP MODS ... Supercharger !!!!!!