Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Just installed my new bigger tires!

Old 08-14-2016, 06:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice video. Pls keep us posted
Old 08-14-2016, 08:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by d. gage
Cool video, jeep looks great! How do you like the tires on the factory wheels? Would you do it again?
I like the factory rims, but maybe if the budget and wife allow in the future I can upgrade. Thanks!
Old 08-14-2016, 09:43 PM
JK Junkie

Awesome video man! Jeep looks good. I got the same tire set up what psi are you guys running?
Old 08-15-2016, 10:49 AM
Super Moderator

Received 209 Likes on 183 Posts

Thanks for the video. Your build is very similar to mine. I just added a Mopar 2in lift with stock wheels and have 1.5in wheel spacers currently installed. I'll be moving to a 35in tire like you did in the fall, currently leaning towards BFG A/T KO2's but have been looking at these Coopers as well. Whichever one will give me the best available sale price between now and the fall will likely be my deciding factor between the tires. I might go to new wheels instead of using the spacers, but since I have the spacers, using them for a little with stock wheels is a possibility as well like you are currently doing. I also have the same rock rails, so looking like I'll likely have to trim those down as well.

I would like to hear about your experience with the larger tires in regards to gearing and how it currently feels.
What gears do you currently have?
Did you purchase a programmer and which one, along with your experience after programming?
Do you feel the need to change gears?

P.S. Nice looking Jeep!!!

Last edited by Rednroll; 08-15-2016 at 10:57 AM.
Old 08-15-2016, 05:56 PM
JK Junkie

Congrats! Looking good man

Quick Reply: Just installed my new bigger tires!