Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Just installed the flashpaq

Old 11-16-2010, 07:02 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just installed the flashpaq

So I just updated and installed the flashpaq on my JK, and I'm still on the fence. I am currently running the 87 octane mode, with the superchips pedal response and noticed very little difference. I'll give it a while long and check back.
Old 11-16-2010, 11:14 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Try all the settings. Do you have the Auto or 6 speed? I have the auto and found the 87 octane had a real nice difference in smoothness and acceleration.
Old 11-16-2010, 11:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mph6779
So I just updated and installed the flashpaq on my JK, and I'm still on the fence. I am currently running the 87 octane mode, with the superchips pedal response and noticed very little difference. I'll give it a while long and check back.
I did mine yesterday, jury still out for me also. It does seem alittle smoother but no new power. When this tank is empty, I'll fill it with 91 octane. I think I'll thy that tow tune next.
Old 11-16-2010, 01:44 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

I went from a ProCal to the Flashpaq. Already had the tires/gears programmed in, so didn't notice the 'big' performance gains that many talk about. No improvement in town to speak of (maybe .5mpg's, depending), but I did notice a performance improvement and mpg increase on the freeway. Holding speeds better, less downshifts, etc, and maybe a 1.5-2 mpg increase. (the mpg increase may partly be me being more conscious of my driving style after reading many of the posts concerning the flashpaq!!) That is with the 87 tune/gas.

I went to the 91 tune/gas for two tanks, and actually felt like the performance was worse than the 87 tune. Not by much, but enough to justify not continuing to pay for 91 gas. (I actually posted this on the Superchips forum, and the reply from them was "To each his own..." No indication of why I might have recieved worse performance.

Lots of great feedback on the Tow tune, but I haven't gotten around to trying it yet.

Quick Reply: Just installed the flashpaq