Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Just installed a Black Diamond 2 in BB....couple questions????

Old 05-20-2008, 08:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just installed a Black Diamond 2 in BB....couple questions????

I just finished installing my first lift ive ever put on. Everything went pretty smooth mostly thanks to this forum. The only real problem I encountered was getting the track bars back in place, but after fooling around with it a bit I got it in there.

Now for my question. After finishing the install we went back over the instructions and looked over all of our materials to make sure everything was complete....thats when I figured out that we had forget to remove the factory rubber isolator from the front. I feel as if it helped to level out the Jeep even better but I was worried that this could cause some problems. So I guess my question is whether or not it is alright to leave the factory isolators in there with the new spacers?

Sorry if this was kind of a long post for such a simple question but I would greatly appreciate any feedback....and of course there will be pictures tomorrow after I have my new tires mounted.

Thanks.
Old 05-21-2008, 04:54 AM
JK Freak

My Rough Country 1-3/4" spacer lift reuses the factory isolators you shouldn't have a problem.
You simply leveled your JK.
Old 05-21-2008, 04:55 AM
JK Junkie

same with my RC 2.5 You should be fine....
Old 05-21-2008, 08:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thats what I was hoping. Thanks.
Old 05-21-2008, 09:03 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

My 2" BB from Full Traction also reuses the stock insulators on the front AND rear. You shouldn't have any trouble.
Old 05-21-2008, 04:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Alright...one more question. It seems my rear axle has shifted about .5 in to the passenger side but the front seems to be right on. Is this something that will cause me problems down the road? And if so what can I do to take care of it? Thanks again.
Old 05-21-2008, 05:11 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by JpMan
Alright...one more question. It seems my rear axle has shifted about .5 in to the passenger side but the front seems to be right on. Is this something that will cause me problems down the road? And if so what can I do to take care of it? Thanks again.
Overall you shouldnt have a problem with that minor shift. The shift is mainly aesthetic. If you are running Stock wheels you might get some rubbing at flex, etc due to the backspacing of the factory rim (others that have actually ran the kit can clarify that if I am wrong). If the shift in axle bothers you, you can purchase either a track bar relocation bracket (preferrably frame mounted version) or an adjustable rear track bar to re-center your axle...Hope this helps...
Old 05-22-2008, 05:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Im upgrading tire size from stock sahara tires on 17" stock rims to 285/70/17 with the original rims. Will I encounter any rubbing in the rear with the .5" shift of the axle?

Quick Reply: Just installed a Black Diamond 2 in BB....couple questions????