Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Just a heads up - Reverse rake with Tera 3" springs

Old 04-04-2008, 12:26 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just a heads up - Reverse rake with Tera 3" springs

This is one of those "useless without pics" threads I know, I know. I'll try and remedy that.

I have the 2.5 BB and I swapped in the HD springs (3" front springs). I'm running a Mopar bumper and a warn 9000 and I've had the springs in (street only) for 2 weeks. The front end is considerably taller than the rear and I'd say that the rake front to back is a lot worse than the factory or BB Rear to front rake. It looks bad - like I'm carrying a ton of bricks in the back. I'll post a pic soon.

On a side note, I ordered the first gen BB ages ago, kinda pissed that Tera sent me the wrong front bumpstop extensions (they were for the rear on a 4" kit?) - way off. I mounted 2 hockey pucks on the lower perch to create bumpstop extensions. I also had to spend over $65 to get Northridge to UPS me the longer rear links. Now I have to get dissconnects for over a $100. Also I have no trackbar bracket. Sweet - should waited till they figured out their product.
Old 04-04-2008, 12:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Sorry you had all those issue. I order the whole kit from Northridge and was unaware that this kit came with the HD 3" springs (actually 3.25). A guy on another board said his front is 3/4" higher than the rear. I still have them, but ordered the front pucks until I (if I) get an after market bumper/winch. I got the pucks for that very reason. However, my kit came with front disco's and new rear sway bar links. It was suppose to have the rear trackbar, but did not. But Teraflex sent it right out to me. So far I love the lift and the ride is better than stock.

On a diff note, you can alway order the rear springs.
Old 04-04-2008, 01:38 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by drifter dave
This is one of those "useless without pics" threads I know, I know. I'll try and remedy that.

I have the 2.5 BB and I swapped in the HD springs (3" front springs). I'm running a Mopar bumper and a warn 9000 and I've had the springs in (street only) for 2 weeks. The front end is considerably taller than the rear and I'd say that the rake front to back is a lot worse than the factory or BB Rear to front rake. It looks bad - like I'm carrying a ton of bricks in the back. I'll post a pic soon.

On a side note, I ordered the first gen BB ages ago, kinda pissed that Tera sent me the wrong front bumpstop extensions (they were for the rear on a 4" kit?) - way off. I mounted 2 hockey pucks on the lower perch to create bumpstop extensions. I also had to spend over $65 to get Northridge to UPS me the longer rear links. Now I have to get dissconnects for over a $100. Also I have no trackbar bracket. Sweet - should waited till they figured out their product.
PM your name/address to me. Do you want new front bumpstops?
Old 04-04-2008, 04:19 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Did you contact Teraflex to try to resolve any of this before you threw um under the bus on the forum?
Old 04-04-2008, 04:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let me just say that Teraflex was more than helpful with anything I needed.
Old 04-04-2008, 07:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have this lift installed, and even without a front bumper/winch on yet (still waiting for my Shrockworks!), the height difference is noticable, but in my opinion nothing to lose sleep over. I'm just curious to see how it will turn out to be once I add on about 250 lb more weight to the front.

ColinW
Old 04-05-2008, 07:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by zerodown
Let me just say that Teraflex was more than helpful with anything I needed.
X2... I agree
Old 04-05-2008, 09:12 AM
JK Freak

Yea teraflex(had em on my TJ) always have seemed cool, id say contact them and theyll fix ya right up
Old 04-05-2008, 09:36 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
Did you contact Teraflex to try to resolve any of this before you threw um under the bus on the forum?
I would hardly call that throwing them under the bus Me personally this is the type of information I like to hear to avoid potential issues that may arise if I were to order from Them....
Old 04-05-2008, 11:36 AM
JK Newbie

Uh, Yeah I did. They gave me a bit of attitude, as though they were in a big rush. They directed me to my point of purchase - (Northridge - over the border from me). David is super-cool at Northridge. It's not his fault that the $15 links cost me over $65 by the time they hit my door. Needless to say that in the year since I bought the kit, the exchange is now on-par or better, so I will deal locally.

I just kinda feel a bit shafted and now my Jeep looks like this \
Saving for rear springs.

Tera - I will Pm, thanks for paying attention

Quick Reply: Just a heads up - Reverse rake with Tera 3" springs