Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Just had a jeep shop refuse to...

Old 08-19-2014, 06:07 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Just had a jeep shop refuse to...

Install a synergy track bar...said he "didn't want to deal with it" because it's only adjustable on 1 end and he suggested buying a teraflex track bar...what kind of a shop says no to installing some of the best equipment in the industry? Who turns away business? ****ing absurd

Last edited by jknit; 08-19-2014 at 06:39 AM.
Old 08-19-2014, 06:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is pretty crazy. I have a JKS and it is not even adjustable when it is on the truck But for a shop to turn away business because it is not a matter of simply turning the wrench is nuts, sounds like they just want to charge people and do the easiest work possible.
Old 08-19-2014, 06:19 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm also in Mass., what shop turned you away? I always use Dr Wheels in Yarmouth down on the Cape.
Old 08-19-2014, 06:21 AM
Ncb
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's a quick job to DIY. Plus a good excuse to purchase a torque wrench.
Old 08-19-2014, 06:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by blue project
I'm also in Mass., what shop turned you away? I always use Dr Wheels in Yarmouth down on the Cape.
It was Boston Jeepz in Newton, MA, I live in watertown so the cape is a bit of a hike unless I'm already planning on heading down there.
Old 08-19-2014, 06:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Ncb
It's a quick job to DIY. Plus a good excuse to purchase a torque wrench.
I might end up having to drive to my parents house and just do it myself. Im assuming jeep has to be jacked up to do it? How do I know if I am "adjusting" it correctly?
Old 08-19-2014, 06:32 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by jknit
... Jeepz ...
I think that right there is all you needed to know.
Old 08-19-2014, 06:40 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by jknit
I might end up having to drive to my parents house and just do it myself. Im assuming jeep has to be jacked up to do it? How do I know if I am "adjusting" it correctly?
Here are the instructions ...

http://www.synergymfg.com/instructions/PPM-8075.pdf

You want the Jeep on the ground when you torque down the trackbar bolts. I helped a friend install one of these last year and IIRC the toughest part was getting the old steering stabilizer bracket off of the old trackbar to put onto the new one. I have a Currie trackbar and it comes with a new bracket for the steering stabilizer.
Old 08-19-2014, 09:48 AM
JK Super Freak

Default Just Uncovered another dilemma

ok so, the more I have thought about it and researched the more I have decided if I am going to have someone under there anyway, I might as well try and have them do at least the drag link flip at the same time (possibly the synergy tie rod as well if I get a good enough deal)...so I started doing my research and the Drag Link Flip from synergy required a maximum backspacing of 4.5"...I currently have 37s on stock moabs. I believe my current wheel spaces are 1.25", and stock wheels backspacing is 6.5 inches right? I don't mind buying 2" spacers I know they exist, but are they safe? Don't have the funds to buy new wheels right now so...trying to figure out a plan b
Old 08-19-2014, 03:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Bump it up

Quick Reply: Just had a jeep shop refuse to...