Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

just finished the hard top wiring harness

Old 12-27-2007, 05:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just finished the hard top wiring harness

took about 3.5 hours to complete. took my time and read the directions twice before each step. a few things to mention.

1. be careful with the interior panels. the little plastic plugs that hold the doorsill panels are crap, I managed to save all but one of mine but mangled them up pretty bad getting them out. I am going to order new ones tomorrow.

2. be extra careful taking apart the computer plugs and getting the old wires out. I broke one of the retaining tabs and had to glue the wire in place, it probably would have stayed but I dabbed it with glue just for piece of mind.

3. Make sure to look at the back of the plugs and make sure you have it right side up they have numbers on the backs of the plugs that will let you know you have it right. (they are symetrical and look the same from the front wether they are upside down or rightside up.)

4. the panels below the steering column just pop off, the panel above the radio needs to be pulled towards the back of the vehicle to get out.

everything else is pretty straight forward. just take your time and dont force things apart or together and you will be fine. Be careful with the tools as we all know if your not you will gouge and scratch your interior fairly easily.

I plan to have it flashed tomorrow for the rear defroster. the wiper and fluid pump worked fine as soon as got it all back together.
Old 12-27-2007, 06:17 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like a worth while project; and you saved a ton doing the install yourself...

Quick Reply: just finished the hard top wiring harness