Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Just fell onto $3700

Old 09-12-2007, 06:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've only been stuck two times, but I've also only had the jeep for about two months. Last time I was stuck was this weekend... i was teetering on my skid plate. no wheels on the ground... a big rock took me out. I had four guys in the back trying to give me extra weight to get traction on my back tires with no luck. 800+ lbs couldnt do it... i had to be winched out. the other time was a steep incline when i hit loose gravel... so yes, i go into places that i have to push it, and will most likely get stuck...

Originally Posted by 4JEXEP4
Why the Winch, seriously. Is it for looks or are you really going to get into that bad of an area. If you are then body protection should be your first buys. Skids and rock rails come to mind. That's alot of money to spend for front end weight. I wheel with guys that wheel pretty hard and they have winch's that they have not used in 6 years. They break alot of things but never have a need for the winch. Also if you wheel pretty hard then spacers IMHO are a bad idea. They tend to break often so wheels may be a place to put your winch money. Just shop for the best deal with free shipping like at Northridge and enjoy.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Envelope - 15 cents
Stamp - 42 cents
Pen $1.00

Check for 3698.43 to a random guy on the Jeep site... Priceless.

Haha... Nah.... get what you want. If I had it, I'd probably get a new front bumper and a winch, but I haven't thought out that far yet.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:30 AM
JK Freak

i'd take about a 2/3rds of it and invest it. then take the remaining 1/3 and get want you know you want already

that way you'll have time to decide on what you really want and have plenty of time to research. if you don't end up spending it on the jeep, at least you'll have it invested and won't blow it on meaningless stuff.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:18 AM
-

tires, lift, maybe wheels and then save the rest for gas $$ or finish paying ur JK off
Old 09-12-2007, 12:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

I agree on the skids. As many skids as possible. That was my first mod
Old 09-12-2007, 12:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just send it to me...............I will let you know how your mods look!
Old 09-12-2007, 12:30 PM
JK Freak

Talking

Originally Posted by awfrode
I agree on the skids. As many skids as possible. That was my first mod
Man you have skids on yer skids! You could drive that Rubi over a cliff and the only thing you'll have to worry about is maybe scratchin the paint!

Quick Reply: Just fell onto $3700