Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

JUST bought my new teraflex 4 inch lift! .... do I need to swap out the front shaft?

Old 04-23-2012, 05:05 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JUST bought my new teraflex 4 inch lift! .... do I need to swap out the front shaft?

Hey all. I was trolling around looking for an answer to this but never really found one that was satisfactory. I just bought a teraflex 4 inch lift part number: 1451400 do I need to change out the front drive shaft? my jeep is a stock 2010 4 door sport.

Thanks for helping :-) just wana buy all the stuff I need so I can put it together in one go :-)
Old 04-23-2012, 06:21 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Everything I've read says replace front shaft.
Old 04-23-2012, 06:43 PM
JK Newbie

Highly recommended. I have a 2012 2 door Rubicon and replaced the front shaft with a Coast 1310. I also had to push my exhaust back a couple of inches with a spacer. Now I can fully flex without anything hitting. I have the 3-1/2" Old Man Emu lift fron Northridge4x4. Regards,

Mark
Old 04-23-2012, 07:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have a four door with a 4 inch Teraflex lift I have not replaced my front shaft yet (lift installed about 7 months) it is still not making any noises that I heard they will do, but I have noticed that my boot was completely ripped off my slip joint. I plan to run the front shaft until it needs to be replaced, I have no intentions on converting back to stock where I would need the stock shaft though.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:49 PM
cfr
JK Freak

I'm approaching 40k after installing my Teraflex 4-inch lift. Tore the driveshaft boot the first time I flexed it while disconnected (with Planman leading the way on Fins 'n Things in Moab just before Kenny's Climb). It's been on my list, but hasn't been necessary yet.

Quick Reply: JUST bought my new teraflex 4 inch lift! .... do I need to swap out the front shaft?