Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Just bought my 2012 JKU! Need Lift/Tire Help please....

Old 12-09-2011, 10:08 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last week we had a jeep lift marathon. Switch the lift on two and install a lift on the third. I switched the OME lift with HD coils from my 07 to my 12 with 35" km2's. We also installed the TF 2.5 with rear track bar bracket 9550 shocks, extended brake lines and 33" Duratracs.
After driving both I can honestly say that the TF 2.5 lift with 33"s felt like it was made for the 2012. It had almost no loss of power, it rode just as good as stock and there was very little difference in handeling from stock. The only thing I would add to the lift is an adjustable front track bar.
Old 12-09-2011, 01:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

You dont have to use the track bars, but teh axles will shift over to one side. Some say 1/2 inch other say more. I am one that prefers proper alignment even if it does not nessesarily mean improper tire wear. But you can, and many do get away with out the track bar.

The exhaust spacers will merely save your boot on your factory drive shaft. So you can decide how important that is. Some say the boot is not that big of a deal, aftermarket shafts dont have them anyway. I figure the spacers are cheap, why break stuff.

The reason the kits dont come with everything is because not every year of jeep needs everything.
Old 12-09-2011, 02:07 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Cervelo
Are the brake lines and track bar needed? If so does TeraFlex sell a kit with "everything" needed? I haven't even bought my Jeep yet and I'm very confused.... I have a note book with stuff I write down because every time I visit this site I see some other BS that's got to be considered for what one would think is a simple process. But I guess for some that's the "fun" of it, thank goodness for you guys and gals!!!!
No they are not needed. Your better off getting a set of front lower adj control arms so you can dial in your caster for the alignment. Now you will need 1.25" wheel spacers or new wheels with 4.5" backspacing. Also you will need the #2610000 exhaust spacers for your 2012. TeraFlex doesn't have a loaded 2.5" kit with everything, I would suggest contacting one of the TeraFlex dealers here for a package deal for you. Feel free to give me a call on this if you have any questions.
Old 12-09-2011, 04:00 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jbird416
I have the 2.5 coil lift with shock adapters on my 2012 2dr. You don't have to have anything other than what comes in the kit. The exhaust spacers resolve any clearance issues that can be an issue when flexing offroad. It isn't a "must have" for a DD but if you plan on wheeling it much the 60 bucks is worth the piece of mind. Same for the trackbar. It is a nice upgrade but unless you are lifting 4" it isn't mandatory. Thus why they offer a kit that doesn't include it. Both items are on my list of things to do but they don't have to be done at the same time as the lift. Good luck and I hope this helps you out some.
Thanks Buddy, you just cost me another Two Hundred Dollars!!
After reading this post I called Northridge and canceled my TF Leveling kit and order the 2.5 BB w/shock adapters. What made me change my mind was that I didn't want to do the exhaust spacers to start with, another post said the the drive shaft boot won't be an issue either.
Hope you guys are right!!!!
Old 12-09-2011, 05:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have terraflex 2.5 with coils and shock adapter! I wheel it no issues on the street no issues just love it for now! No issues ! Also running 295/55r/20 trail grapplers! Love it all for now! Offroad monster!
Old 12-09-2011, 05:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Here it is!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2745227692.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	247736  
Old 12-09-2011, 05:49 PM
JK Newbie

But that is also with a 2010 jeep am I right? I thought there were some new modifications to the 2012 that makes you need that exhaust extension am I right? I have a 2012 Sahara and I am trying to do the research and it seems like that is always the issue that keeps coming up. Everyone with a 2011 and below says its alright, however the 2012'ers say you need it.
Old 12-10-2011, 03:45 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Mdfleming
But that is also with a 2010 jeep am I right? I thought there were some new modifications to the 2012 that makes you need that exhaust extension am I right? I have a 2012 Sahara and I am trying to do the research and it seems like that is always the issue that keeps coming up. Everyone with a 2011 and below says its alright, however the 2012'ers say you need it.
I am like you,trying to make sence of all the info, us 2012 need to understand that some good meaning advice might not be correct for us.
i have decided to put the lift on and see for myself. I will address any issues then.

Quick Reply: Just bought my 2012 JKU! Need Lift/Tire Help please....