Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

just another axle question.

Old 05-07-2013, 11:54 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just another axle question.

So correct me if im wrong but all JKs come with a factory rear D44. If this is true can a non rubicon axle accept rubicon parts such as the elocker and other items? Or is it not possible?
Old 05-07-2013, 11:56 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Different D44, spline count and carrier are Rubi-specific. You'd do better to run an aftermarket electric or air locker and shafts in a non-Rubicon 44.
Old 05-07-2013, 12:11 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

A few early 07's came with a D35 rear. All others have a D44. But yes, there is a difference between the Rubi and non-rubi rear 44's and the elocker won't fit in the non-rubi housing without a lot of work. There are also some non-rubi's that came with an optional rear e-locker, which I am 'assuming' means they came with a complete rubicon rear axle?

There is an old thread here somewhere on getting the elocker to fit in the non-rubi housing, I think the result was a comment that while it did work, it was not worth the time and effort involved.
Old 05-07-2013, 12:11 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 169 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by opossumDODGER
So correct me if im wrong but all JKs come with a factory rear D44. If this is true can a non rubicon axle accept rubicon parts such as the elocker and other items? Or is it not possible?
Some early 2007s came with a rear D35.

Quick Reply: just another axle question.