Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Jku springs and shocks on a 2 door

Old 08-18-2015, 06:05 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jku springs and shocks on a 2 door

Well i just finished up putting on the jku springs i picked up for $50 the other day. I have to say i am very satisfied. The stiffer jku springs work really well on my 2 door. I probablt got an inch and a half of lift and the car rides so much better. it stays flatter in the corners and over bumps. Theres more of a jolt over potholes than before but that being said, its more comfortable now. Offroad it feels really good too. Coupled with some swaybar disconnects im sure it would be fantastic. If you want your 2 door to ride better or sit just a little higher on a tight budget, then definetly try to get your hands on some 4door springs and shocks. (Keep in mind however that the jku rubicon springs are even stiffer than regular jkus!)

My next idea would be to put on like a 1.5 or 2 inch coil spacer lift kit just to make it really stand out, but at the same time i dont know how to go about doing that. do i get a 2 door or a 4 door kit? My jeep is still under warranty also so the dealer has to do the work. Will the dealership notice the different springs? I was told by a salesman that i could do it and nobody but me would know the difference.

Any input or feedback is greatly appreciated!

KEEP IT JEEP!
Old 08-18-2015, 06:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have 17/58 springs along with red Rubi shocks and really like the setup and all for $160. Just to note that springs differ based on the package and not necessarily JKUS vs JKUR. 2 door JKR with max tow package and the hardtop can have the same coils as JKU. My stock springs were 14/56 and I have hardtop and the tow package. The max number is 19/60 and most common on Rubicon Hard Rock or other special edition models with above mentioned packages. The dealer shouldn't give you any trouble as those are factory suspension components and will not void the warranty.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using JK-Forum
Old 08-18-2015, 09:28 AM
JK Freak

My 2012 2dr has Tera Flex leveling lift & 19/61 springs, and I had the Red Rubicon shocks on her. The red shock gave a better ride, but were not long enough. They topped out all the time. I have now installed Blistein 5100s, and a high steer kit. Along with a whole new front end, since my ball joints were shot after 30,000 miles. I have a little over 3.5" with this setup. I also have AEV geometry correction brackets. Now with 35" tires it rides much nicer than stock ever thought about.
Old 08-18-2015, 03:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jkeel98
Well i just finished up putting on the jku springs i picked up for $50 the other day. I have to say i am very satisfied. The stiffer jku springs work really well on my 2 door. I probablt got an inch and a half of lift and the car rides so much better. it stays flatter in the corners and over bumps. Theres more of a jolt over potholes than before but that being said, its more comfortable now. Offroad it feels really good too. Coupled with some swaybar disconnects im sure it would be fantastic. If you want your 2 door to ride better or sit just a little higher on a tight budget, then definetly try to get your hands on some 4door springs and shocks. (Keep in mind however that the jku rubicon springs are even stiffer than regular jkus!)

My next idea would be to put on like a 1.5 or 2 inch coil spacer lift kit just to make it really stand out, but at the same time i dont know how to go about doing that. do i get a 2 door or a 4 door kit? My jeep is still under warranty also so the dealer has to do the work. Will the dealership notice the different springs? I was told by a salesman that i could do it and nobody but me would know the difference.

Any input or feedback is greatly appreciated!

KEEP IT JEEP!
Im ready to do the same swap on my 2 dr. Did you need longer sway bar links or were the stock ones on the 2 dr ok? I'm also considering adding a 1" puck up front to level it out.
Old 08-18-2015, 04:53 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

As was mentioned in your last thread talking about this same thing, there are other considerations that go along with adding lift height. Not just, "will the dealer notice?" If you are ending at 3-3.5" total, start browsing through some lifts from various mfg's to see what extra components they are adding and figuring out why you just might want some of them.

Personally, I would rather have my jeep drive well the 100% of the time it is on the road, instead of worrying about hiding the lift from the dealer.
Old 08-18-2015, 05:43 PM
JK Newbie

I did the stiffer springs with a leveling spacer lift on my 2 door. The rubicon springs were not long enough as mentioned above. I added shocks extenders, brake line extensions, 2" bump stops because my 33" tires hit the fenders. And added the geometry correction brackets. I also added quick disconnects that were longer than the factory front links. That's my list for my 3" lift from swapping coils and adding the spacers. Jeep seems to ride fine and off road well too.
Old 08-20-2015, 04:10 PM
JK Newbie

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3578032036.jpg
Views:	469
Size:	617.0 KB
ID:	622103

Here is my 2014 JK Rubicon 6speed with JKU 19 Rubicon front springs. Rides great and plenty of room for 33's, but going to 35's next month with 2.5" lift (RK or OME).

Quick Reply: Jku springs and shocks on a 2 door