Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

JKU overheating need help!!!

Old 08-02-2012, 02:12 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I finally had time to look at the thermostat. Bingo, it had completely come apart and the spring and retainer were down in the motor. Replaced it and no more overheating. Never goes past the middle on the temp gauge.

Thank you for all the help.
Old 08-02-2012, 05:04 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jk4thedirt
Well I finally had time to look at the thermostat. Bingo, it had completely come apart and the spring and retainer were down in the motor. Replaced it and no more overheating. Never goes past the middle on the temp gauge.

Thank you for all the help.
I can't believe you didn't look at that first !
speaking of that, what did the dealer charge you for the new pump ?
Old 08-03-2012, 06:04 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 33 williys 77

I can't believe you didn't look at that first !
speaking of that, what did the dealer charge you for the new pump ?
Why would I think the thermostat was bad. The only reason I change the water pump was the seal was leaking. It wasn't overheating before I change the water pump. Some people.

I purchased the pump at Autozone and it was something like $35.00. I have spent more on the 3 bottles of HOAT coolant.
Old 08-03-2012, 03:57 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jk4thedirt
Why would I think the thermostat was bad. The only reason I change the water pump was the seal was leaking. It wasn't overheating before I change the water pump. Some people.

I purchased the pump at Autozone and it was something like $35.00. I have spent more on the 3 bottles of HOAT coolant.
Yeah I'm guilty of that too! some times the simplest things get over looked Thanks for the info tho

Quick Reply: JKU overheating need help!!!