Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

JKS vs. Teraflex Monster Forged

Old 01-13-2011, 10:28 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JKS vs. Teraflex Monster Forged

I have the (new) JKS front trackbar on my 3.5" to 4" lifted JK. Post install, I got DW. Sure enough I didn't have the jamnut on tight enough and it came loose. Once that was tightened with some loctite to keep it in place, no more Death Wobble. However, I had bump steer, still somewhat do, and a very noticeable amount of it too but only after hitting a rough road. Sure enough, just a few days ago after coming into contact with a pothole, my DW came back. It's happened a couple times since but only in the range of 35mph to 45mph.

In a strange turn of events, I pulled into a fellow forum members neighborhood (sick JK by the way) and we inspected my JK. Now, according to him, and he showed me, it is my trackbar. When turning the wheel it will every-so-slightly bend. More than likely because of the bushings he said. Another Jeeper noticed the same thing. The fellow forum member told me he had the same exact problem with my exact trackbar. Now he has the Teraflex Monster Forged and his shimmy and DW are gone.

Questions:

1) Could it be my trackbar causing the shimmy and the DW?

2) How does a trackbar cause shimmy? Thought that would mostly do with the drag link, which I already replaced.

3) Is the Teraflex Monster Forged that much better? Does it hold true to what Teraflex says about it eliminating/reducing the shimmy feeling? Will this trackbar be built well enough to fix my DW problem?

4) Anyone else have this problem with the JKS trackbar?

Thank you! Feel free to ask questions if you need more information.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:31 AM
JK Super Freak

I have jks and had a 3.25 lift. No dw. I know have dw when I put on my 4 inch but I think it's because I haven't installed my draglink flip yet (today). I called a well known vendor as I had a teraflex track with my new lift. He said go ahead and keep the jks cause in his opinion it was better. So sold me teraflex since it was brand new.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RN M OVR
4) Anyone else have this problem with the JKS trackbar?

Thank you! Feel free to ask questions if you need more information.
I don't have this problem with my JKS trackbar.

But it sounds like you know what your problem is and your still asking the same question.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:39 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have the (new) JKS front trackbar
Can you take a picture of the new JSK trackbar

David
Old 01-13-2011, 10:53 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RN M OVR
Questions:

2) How does a trackbar cause shimmy? Thought that would mostly do with the drag link, which I already replaced.
If a trackbar starts flexing, typically at the bend point, that can lead to a shimmy.
Old 01-13-2011, 01:17 PM
JK Newbie

Can you adjust the length on those?
Old 01-13-2011, 01:33 PM
JK Freak

I'm having the same problem, except I have a TF 2.5 lift with a TF adj trackbar(regular one, not the monster).
Old 01-13-2011, 02:27 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jenly8
Can you adjust the length on those?
Yes you adjust the length of a TeraFlex JK trackbar.

Originally Posted by stlfan06
I'm having the same problem, except I have a TF 2.5 lift with a TF adj trackbar(regular one, not the monster).
TeraFlex has a upgrade program for anyone with the older trackbars, just pm me for the info.
Old 01-13-2011, 03:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by TeraFlex

Yes you adjust the length of a TeraFlex JK trackbar.

TeraFlex has a upgrade program for anyone with the older trackbars, just pm me for the info.
Any pics of the regular vs monster?

Quick Reply: JKS vs. Teraflex Monster Forged