Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

JKS Trackbar Squeaking at axle side and I have Death wobble

Old 08-25-2011, 09:17 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Shit I've had mine on the jeep for well over a year as well and was actually wondering what to do about it. I didn't know that they would swap out for the newer version. The one I just bought from David and put on the rear looked a Hell of a lot thicker. Would they be able to swap out the front for a new one? I had no idea it was revised so many times.
Old 08-25-2011, 09:36 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Northridge4x4
Give me a call we will get you taken care of. You spoke with "the new guy" at JKS and he was not up to speed on the process.

David
THANK YOU DAVID!!! David hooked me up yet again. Northridge rocks!!!
Old 09-05-2011, 02:12 PM
dsp
JK Enthusiast

I just searched for this thread because of my problems with death wobble. Took off my tracbar, found the bushings to be cracked.
Have had the tracbar for 3 years this November. So what generation do I have? And what do they do? Prorate for the new one.
Old 09-05-2011, 03:11 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by dsp
I just searched for this thread because of my problems with death wobble. Took off my tracbar, found the bushings to be cracked.
Have had the tracbar for 3 years this November. So what generation do I have? And what do they do? Prorate for the new one.
Why dont u post a pic of the bar, and we can see what gen it is...

They should send u a new one for free.. Call David at north ridge!
Old 09-19-2011, 12:42 PM
JK Freak

I have some squeaking coming from the rear of my Jeep. Haven't had an opportunity to investigate, but my rear track bar is a JKS and its been installed about a year now.
Old 09-19-2011, 04:41 PM
JK Newbie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

dang!!! this might explain the D.W. I’ve been experiencing. i got a picture of my track bars before installing them so can anyone tell me what gen I have? and also who to go through for a replacement. thanks for any info
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0235.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	213081  
Old 09-19-2011, 05:18 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also this might help someone, I went wheelin the other day, bashed my tie rod (bent up n back a little), drove home with little shakin in the steerin wheel, next day got DW when I hit little bumps in road, Adjusted Tie Rod so Toe would be out a little (two full turns on the tie rod adjustment to lengthen the tie rod) Death wobble gone and steerin wheel no longer wobbles, solid as a rock.
Old 06-30-2012, 04:06 AM
JK Super Freak

Well it has happened again to me less than one year later. The frame side bushing must be bad because the track bar has a lot of play. I can see the track moving and bushing is not like its not tight. I guess i will call jks again. Not very happy though. Ready to sell my jk and buy a restored yj or cj so i never have to worry about a track bar again.

Last edited by Olean NY Jeeper; 06-30-2012 at 04:08 AM.
Old 06-30-2012, 06:50 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Olean NY Jeeper
Well it has happened again to me less than one year later. The frame side bushing must be bad because the track bar has a lot of play. I can see the track moving and bushing is not like its not tight. I guess i will call jks again. Not very happy though. Ready to sell my jk and buy a restored yj or cj so i never have to worry about a track bar again.
I have their latest version, and I have not had any problems. I talked with Tom over at JKS. Dave at NR4x4 vouched that I bought the older version from him so then JKS told me to cut my old one up and send pics in and the new one would be sent out. I have had my new one since December of last year and still no problems.
Old 06-30-2012, 07:14 AM
JK Super Freak

This is the 2nd one for me that has gone bad. Im losing patience with jks.

Quick Reply: JKS Trackbar Squeaking at axle side and I have Death wobble