Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

JKS Trackbar Squeaking at axle side and I have Death wobble

Old 08-24-2011, 04:27 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default JKS Trackbar Squeaking at axle side and I have Death wobble

I have been getting some death wobble since installing my new coils last week. It happens on uneven pavement more so than pot holes but it is full blown violent death wooble.

I noticed this evening that when I push up hard on track bar when laying under front end of jeep that it squeaks loudly. I have a JKS adj trackbar, the new stronger kind. It shouldnt be doing that right? I assume that the squeaking indicates there is movement. When I put on lift, the bushing didnt look great but I figured since it is only a year old it must be ok. If the track bar is bad, can I just replace bushing, how hard is that? Does JKS warranty their bushings? I bought it a year ago.

If not any suggestions on new trackar? I have a Clayton lift so maybe I should look at their trackbar. Unless you guys dont think the squeaking means its loose.
Old 08-24-2011, 04:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would check the trackbar mount hole on the axle to make sure that it is not wallowed out. If it is wallowed out this will cause the trackbar to have some play in it.
Old 08-24-2011, 05:23 PM
JK Super Freak

I have jks brace on axle side. I guess it could have gotten wallowed out on back side
Old 08-24-2011, 10:55 PM
JK Super Freak

I do know if this will help but, make sure your frame mounting bushing is installed from the rear. Also, i just used my Harbor freight ball joint press to push it out and in while still attached to the axle mount.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02785.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	202012   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02784.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	202013   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02789.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	202014  
Old 08-25-2011, 02:40 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
If you bought the track bar 1 year ago you should have the 2nd generation bar. They are on the 3rd and are working on the 4th. I talked to them and they told me because of the issues of the 2nd generation with bad bushings and flexing that they would swap them out for the new one for free. You might give them a call tomorrow and talk to their support and see if you can get a new one.

Thats the first I heard of JKS 3rd generation tackbar. I will call them today and c whats up. If I dont get a satisfactory answer I am tempted to get a new trackbar from Clayton. I cannot afford to F around with this, my jk is my only ride and I am scared to drive the damn thing now.
Old 08-25-2011, 03:48 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Olean NY Jeeper
Thats the first I heard of JKS 3rd generation tackbar. I will call them today and c whats up. If I dont get a satisfactory answer I am tempted to get a new trackbar from Clayton. I cannot afford to F around with this, my jk is my only ride and I am scared to drive the damn thing now.
does your bar have a "arc" bend, or more of a straight shot down to axle??
sounds like u have the old bar, and the 3rd gen is very beefy and alot bigger jamnut. u can also adjust 3rd gen in 1/2 turn increments, as opposed to 2nd haveing to make full turns for adjustment.
Old 08-25-2011, 04:22 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by rinkishJK

does your bar have a "arc" bend, or more of a straight shot down to axle??
sounds like u have the old bar, and the 3rd gen is very beefy and alot bigger jamnut. u can also adjust 3rd gen in 1/2 turn increments, as opposed to 2nd haveing to make full turns for adjustment.
It has an arc bend but doestnt look anything like stock one.
Old 08-25-2011, 06:25 AM
JK Newbie

Here are pics of generation 1,2,3
I have generation 3 and I am very impressed with the quality and beef of this track bar.
When you give them a call today ask what they are changing for generation 4.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0318.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	202102Click image for larger version

Name:	JKS_track_bars.jpg
Views:	424
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	202101
Old 08-25-2011, 08:26 AM
JK Super Freak

I have the generation 2. I called, they wont warranty it. I am pissed. bushings should not die after 11 months. Nor sure what I am going to do about this. What other trackbars are out there besides JKS? Anyone have opinions on claytons trackbar?
Old 08-25-2011, 09:08 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have the generation 2. I called, they wont warranty it. I am pissed. bushings should not die after 11 months. Nor sure what I am going to do about this. What other trackbars are out there besides JKS? Anyone have opinions on claytons trackbar?
Give me a call we will get you taken care of. You spoke with "the new guy" at JKS and he was not up to speed on the process.

David

Quick Reply: JKS Trackbar Squeaking at axle side and I have Death wobble