Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

JKS & Teraflex Control Arms - Flex Arms

Old 05-18-2010, 07:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JKS & Teraflex Control Arms - Flex Arms

I noticed that JKS is a fair amount more expensive than Teraflex for the adj control arms I am looking at (Front Lowers).

Is JKS really that far ahead of Teraflex in this area - science & manufacturing quality?

What's the deal?

Thnx
Old 05-18-2010, 07:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're going to get varying opinions here, but I tend to think JKS are as good as you can get. Their adjustable arms are incredibly sturdy, have a rotating design that won't bind when articulating (no jam nuts ), and use rubber bushings that make for a quiet, comfortable ride.

Gotta support my Nebraska boys; the stuff JKS makes is more art than Jeep part.

Last edited by opdsgt; 05-18-2010 at 07:55 AM.
Old 05-18-2010, 07:55 AM
JK Junkie

We have the full set of JKS control arms. So far almost 2 years of wheeling and daily driving with no issues.
Old 05-18-2010, 08:02 AM
JK Junkie

There are plenty of happy owners with the TF CAs but the JKS arms do have a unique design that allows the arms to "float" rotationally so they will not bind and damage the bushings. Furthermore, the bushings are not just rubber they are are the OE bushings which are designed to provide a good ride, long life and require no lubrication (the arm itself does require lube).
Old 05-18-2010, 09:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

The reason I picked my TF LCA's over the JKS is because after looking at the pics, I was afraid that the edge where the C-clip is on the JKS arm would get smashed on rocks versus having a jam nut there to give a small level of protection. I just thought that if it got dented over the C-clip, it would pretty much be screwed as far as a seal goes. But, pictures can be deceiving...
Old 05-18-2010, 09:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Lots of TF vs. JKS threads this week. The truth is that both companies make fantastic products. I chose TF control arms and JKS track bars, but I can see the case for doing the opposite. Potato, potahto...
Old 05-18-2010, 11:48 AM
JK Freak

I have JKS track bars, and I love them. They are without a doubt a quality product.
I also have Teraflex coils, stabilizer, and spacers. They are without a doubt, quality products.
My budget will probably be the deciding factor, but I go back and forth between the two when considering which arms to eventually buy. I'd like to go with JKS, but if I can't afford it and get the TF instead, I won't regret it at all.
Old 05-18-2010, 12:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK-Tex
Lots of TF vs. JKS threads this week. The truth is that both companies make fantastic products. I chose TF control arms and JKS track bars, but I can see the case for doing the opposite. Potato, potahto...
There is no comparison between JKS control arms and the Teraflex control arms. It comes down to quality and you get what you pay for.

1) JKS uses OEM rubber bushings to prevent harsh noises from transmitting into the cabin of the vehicle where TF does not.

2) They will also freely rotate to prevent undue stress on the frame/axle brackets...Teraflex does not.

You can pay JKS now or pay them later when you need to replace the Teraflex control arms that have failed or have simply grown tired of the maintenance problems associated with them.

My setup & results of signifcant research and consultation for my lift:

1) JKS Control Arms
2) Teraflex Front Adj Trackbar - JKS Rear Adj Trackbar
3) Teraflex Rear track bar bracket - #1954777

Last edited by Lotus03; 05-19-2010 at 02:32 PM.
Old 05-18-2010, 12:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Lotus03
You can pay JKS now or pay them later when you need to replace the Teraflex control arms that have failed or have simply grown tired of the maintenance problems associated with them.
That's quite an indictment of Tereflex's product. Is this based on your own intuition of how these things probably work, or are you basing this on evidence and experience?
Old 05-18-2010, 01:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Just FYI for the OP, my TF front LCA's have been great..very HD and they adjusted great. Just keep them greased and they will be fine. Hope this helps.

Mike

Quick Reply: JKS & Teraflex Control Arms - Flex Arms