Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

JKS Sector Shaft Reinforcement Kit Anybody?

Old 11-29-2011, 05:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so for those of us with the teraflex monster track bar, what is the kit to get to firm things up?
Old 11-29-2011, 07:31 AM
JK Newbie

Kctw I had the same issue however my track bar bracket was fubar from a drop bracket that was installed by the previous owner. To David at Northridge I too appreciate you going out of your way to provide us with this information. I will be contacting you soon about a track bar, and will more than likely order anything else I need from you.
Old 11-30-2011, 08:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Attached is a pic of the proper JKS TB for this kit. The flat top refers to the bar not bending until after it has cleared the reinforcement bearing. Hope this helps clarify things for you guys. Good luck in getting your rigs updated. Sorry to hear of all the woes you've had with the JKS various generations of these bars. Hope mine holds up. It should as it seems to be quite beefed up now.

Gary T
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	JKS_Tracak_Bar.jpeg
Views:	241
Size:	15.8 KB
ID:	243710  
Old 12-07-2011, 02:31 PM
JK Junkie

Finally got mine welded in today, noticed almost no slack in the steering after about 30 minutes of driving. Either way I'm just glad its built up now and I don't have something else to worry about. Its pouring it now otherwise I'd snap a shot of the whole kit installed.
Old 12-07-2011, 02:39 PM
JK Junkie

The clunk wasn't happening anymore which was my main concern. The steering seemed a little tighter but not sports car tight. Overall I'm just glad that its got the added protection while running the 37's in the snow and out wheeling.
Old 12-07-2011, 03:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by fadeout
The clunk wasn't happening anymore which was my main concern. The steering seemed a little tighter but not sports car tight. Overall I'm just glad that its got the added protection while running the 37's in the snow and out wheeling.
Hey Fadeout, you like the JKS? Was looking into Rock Solid too. Thanks!
Old 12-07-2011, 04:53 PM
JK Junkie

gonna give it a good run around this weekend see how it holds up but the "looseness" if that the best way to describe it at the wheel when turning full turns is pretty much gone, it feels like it "holds" through the entire travel of the steering wheel if that makes sense. Had to park the Jeep and get home so I didn't have a lot of road time with it.

[if your wondering I can't park my Jeep at my apt it doesn't fit]
Old 12-08-2011, 02:00 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by HeatTreater
I'm running a rock soild unit been working great so far.
Hey Tom, based on your recommendation I ordered the Rock Solid. Hoping to put it in after the holidays. This thread made me nervous now though whether it will fit. I have TF track bar. Fingers crossed.

Last edited by Navyvetnorwich91; 12-08-2011 at 02:26 AM.
Old 12-08-2011, 02:28 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Navyvetnorwich91
Hey Tom, based on your recommendation I ordered the Rock Solid. Hoping to put it in after the holidays. This thread made me nervous now though whether it will fit. I have TF track bar. Fingers crossed.
thanks for being a guinea pig!
Old 12-08-2011, 02:44 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Navyvetnorwich91
I do have the TF monster track bar. Thought I saw an earlier poster say it's not compatible with the Rock Solid ssb.

Quick Reply: JKS Sector Shaft Reinforcement Kit Anybody?