Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

JKS Sector Shaft Reinforcement Kit Anybody?

Old 11-28-2011, 04:49 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fadeout
Nevermind got off the phone with Dave and apparently JKS has a newer version of their trackbar that fully works with this system. So now I had to call the shop tell them not to bother even trying to fit it and ordered the newest trackbar from Dave. What a pain in the ass this damn kit is becoming. So if anyone is interested next week I'll have a 3rd Gen JKS trackbar that's only a month old up for sale.
Please tell me this is a joke. I just ordered an adjustable track bar from 4wp and got it put in, and the sector shaft reinforcement kit should be here this week. If I just wasted $200 I am gonna be one pissed s.o.b.
Old 11-28-2011, 05:04 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by polkchop
Please tell me this is a joke. I just ordered an adjustable track bar from 4wp and got it put in, and the sector shaft reinforcement kit should be here this week. If I just wasted $200 I am gonna be one pissed s.o.b.
nope I shit you not.... I'm pretty damn pissed off about this. the trackbar on my rig is a MONTH old, and no upgrades or swap outs since this wasn't available when the Sector Shaft Brace was made. So I'm shit outta luck and had to fork over another $180.00 to replace a month old product because IT WONT WORK with this kit. Needless to say I'm not thrilled with this or JKS, but I have no option since I've already invested the $400 for the shaft brace kit and there's no way I can return all of it seeing as how parts are already installed on my Jeep.
Old 11-28-2011, 05:06 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by pcmasten
What is the difference between gen 2 and gen 3 JKS trackbars?
they're on Gen4 apparently it's completely flat along the top part and "spoons" out in front of the diff for clearance so it can work properly with this kit. The 3rd gen has a raise at the at the top where it bolts to the frame which prohibits correct articulation, hence the redesign.

I have always used JKS products but this leaves a bitter taste in my mouth as to how it was exactly handled ESPECIALLY after I called to confirm this would work with my setup with one of their techs. So basically I got the run around just to sell me some product and now have to suck it up. This should be in BOLD letters on their website which it's nowhere to be found at all considering it's a huge piece of information about how or if this kit will work with what you have already.

Last edited by fadeout; 11-28-2011 at 05:09 PM.
Old 11-28-2011, 05:08 PM
JK Newbie

Fml this is some shit. I'm assuming I have the wrong track bar as well. It's already scratched up from the install so it won't be returned, and the sector shaft reinforcement kit is en route so idk if 4wp will take it back... This sucks cause I'm on a tight budget, finally got some extra money from ridiculous overtime and it gets wasted over this b.s. I will not buy another jks product if this is how they are going to treat customers...
Old 11-28-2011, 05:15 PM
JK Newbie

Agreed especially since I spent up all my mod money for the next month or so. And who is to say I will keep getting overtime to pay for the new track bar. Why couldn't they have waited till they designed the 4th gen bar to release this kit, and describe the issue. I honestly thought it was a good company to deal with but guess I was wrong. Oh well.
Old 11-28-2011, 05:18 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by polkchop
Agreed especially since I spent up all my mod money for the next month or so. And who is to say I will keep getting overtime to pay for the new track bar. Why couldn't they have waited till they designed the 4th gen bar to release this kit, and describe the issue. I honestly thought it was a good company to deal with but guess I was wrong. Oh well.
was on my phone and wasn't sure if that posted or not but yea this is not the month to be pissing away money especially with the Holidays.

From what I got I think they are going to offer this as part of the kit or just for the kit, and keep selling the other style trackbar. I'm not 100% on that but it's what I got from talking to several people.
Old 11-28-2011, 05:58 PM
JK Junkie

So I sent a PM to Dave about this but it looks like part number OGS121 is the correct trackbar but I swear that's what I just put on my rig last month so I sent him a photo and if it is then there really isn't a gen 4 and it's still the 3rd gen that works properly with this. I'm just waiting for a PM back from him to confirm this.
Old 11-28-2011, 06:51 PM
JK Freak

I'm sorry to hijack your thread, but you guys are who I need to talk to. I tried to install the 3rd generation trackbar on my JK this weekend, and it didn't fit worth a crap. Where it mounts to the frame is at the wrong angle I think. Here are some pics of the attempted install.
The first pic is just the bolt started in th hole.
Click image for larger version

Name:	jks trackbar 001.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	243297
This pic is how far it's off on the back side.

Name:	jks trackbar 003.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	243299
This pic is how wedged in there it is.

Name:	jks trackbar 002.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	243300
My question is, did your trackbar fit like this, or was mine made wrong?
Any info you can give me is much appreciated.
Old 11-29-2011, 05:21 AM
JK Junkie

Ok so I've confirmed this with David at Northridge. The Gen 3 will not work, The part number is the same but there is a revised edition that is brand new and must be used with this system. No way around it the old version will come into contact during articulation. I really appriciate Dave he got back to me at 11 at night with this since I explained to him that I had OGS121 BUT the "newer version" still uses the same part number, it's just a different design. He went out of his way to get this info to me and that is why I truly love his service. Hell of a guy if you ask me. JKS on the other hand I'm not to thrilled with.
Old 11-29-2011, 05:23 AM
JK Junkie

And KCTW something is off there either your brackets or the trackbar, because mine went in perfectly smooth on both ends. Not sure about others though, hopefully more will chime in.

Quick Reply: JKS Sector Shaft Reinforcement Kit Anybody?