Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

JKS Sector Shaft Reinforcement Kit Anybody?

Old 11-28-2011, 04:47 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone aside from heatreater running the Rock solid brace with a Rock Krawler track bar? The RK track bar definitely goes up instead of out. I assume it works on his setup but he has more lift than I do. Anyone with around a 3.5-4.5" lift with RK tb have the RS brace?

Have one sitting in a box...
Old 11-28-2011, 06:22 AM
JK Junkie

My JKS kit is getting fitted tomorrow I'll keep you guys posted.
Old 11-28-2011, 06:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fadeout
My JKS kit is getting fitted tomorrow I'll keep you guys posted.
I have the JKS kit and it flexes properly with my EVO coil overs 14" travel. I currently have lift dialed in at a true 5". I can tell there is a big difference in how firm the steering play is now.
Old 11-28-2011, 07:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by blueice

I have the JKS kit and it flexes properly with my EVO coil overs 14" travel. I currently have lift dialed in at a true 5". I can tell there is a big difference in how firm the steering play is now.
Oh, I forgot to mention I have a EVO draglink flip with a 3" riser for track bar relocation.
Old 11-28-2011, 09:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JKred

What are you running for a trackbar? That's the real problem for us all here. No one is very specific on what trackbars will work with these braces.

I also want to run the drag-link flip and trackbar riser, which will further push up my trackbar, possibly causing interference...
I'm ruining the JKS adjustable TB that comes with the kit. It is specifically designed to work with the sector brace. It is not the standard JKS TB.

Gary T
Old 11-28-2011, 09:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by blueice
I'm ruining the JKS adjustable TB that comes with the kit. It is specifically designed to work with the sector brace. It is not the standard JKS TB.

Gary T
I meant to also add that I got the entire kit with the proper JKS TB from Northridge4x4. Call David, he knows all about this.

For me, this wasn't that painful as I was running the stock TB before and so hadn't invested in a 3rd party yet. But after my buddy broke his steering box (the lower bracket cracked and the two bolts sheered) this fall, we both decided it was time to strengthen up. So far no problems.
Old 11-28-2011, 12:52 PM
JK Junkie

What's the proper trackbar? I have their newest version the 3rd Gen and it looks like there is enough clearance. My guys are gonna tack it and check for articulation before fully welding it in. I told them that if it looks even the slightest bit sketchy to not bother.
Old 11-28-2011, 01:11 PM
JK Junkie

Nevermind got off the phone with Dave and apparently JKS has a newer version of their trackbar that fully works with this system. So now I had to call the shop tell them not to bother even trying to fit it and ordered the newest trackbar from Dave. What a pain in the ass this damn kit is becoming. So if anyone is interested next week I'll have a 3rd Gen JKS trackbar that's only a month old up for sale.
Old 11-28-2011, 04:20 PM
JK Freak

Nevermind got off the phone with Dave and apparently JKS has a newer version of their trackbar that fully works with this system. So now I had to call the shop tell them not to bother even trying to fit it and ordered the newest trackbar from Dave. What a pain in the ass this damn kit is becoming. So if anyone is interested next week I'll have a 3rd Gen JKS trackbar that's only a month old up for sale.
I made an order from Dave, two weeks ago. Shaft brace, track bar, and Evo flip kit. I hope I ordered the right one.
Old 11-28-2011, 04:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What is the difference between gen 2 and gen 3 JKS trackbars?

Quick Reply: JKS Sector Shaft Reinforcement Kit Anybody?