Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

JKS Sector Shaft Reinforcement Kit Anybody?

Old 11-16-2011, 06:08 PM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have this set up. I have been running it for some time. There are many variables as to what will work with such and such lift, trackbars, flip kits, bumpstops, etc.
Best thing would be to call them and ask.
Having said that, the kit has improved my steering, and over all feedback. It has removed the slop some may feel with bigger tires and higher lifts.
Also as stated by JKS, it strengthens the sector shaft and internal bearings. I did use the cross over rod to the frame rail and adjusted it to put a small amount of pressure toward where the block makes contact with the driver frame rail.

This kit not only secures the sector shaft, but also reinforces the trackbar mount on the frame side which is known to weaken and fail over time.
I wish I could answer all the questions you have, but like I said you would be better off calling them.

Here's the phone # tel (308) 762-6949
And web link. http://store.jksmfg.com/merchant2/me...Steering_Brake
Old 11-16-2011, 07:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Jae Suite
Rock solid is what I went with. I have no clearance issues and the new model has been modified so that it doesn't hit the trac bar. Currently I'm running it with stock setup. Worked wonders for me.
Is that bracket just secured to the track bar bracket, or is it secured to the frame? Anyone have any idea if this works with the JKS track bar?
Old 11-16-2011, 07:38 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Ryanc
Is that bracket just secured to the track bar bracket, or is it secured to the frame? Anyone have any idea if this works with the JKS track bar?
The trackbar bracket is secured to the frame utilizing the same 4 bolts that attach the steering box. Two bolts through the bracket and the trackbar bolt it's self.

Click image for larger version

Name:	jks.JPG
Views:	216
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	237997
Old 11-17-2011, 02:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

From the pictures on their website, it appears to be bolted onto the track bar bracket, via two different points. I looked at the factory bracket on my 2012 and the bracket does indeed saddle the frame (I thought it might just be welded onto the bottom of the frame). That being said, I plan on ordering the Rock Solid sector shaft brace with their required track bar today for my ride.
Old 11-17-2011, 02:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yes, there is a bolt that goes through an existing hole inside the frame/track bar bracket and into the back of the brace. I think most of the strength comes from the ears that have the TB bolt going through them, but the aforementioned bolt keeps your needle bearings in the cup properly aligned. Mine came orange and I bought their TB. It attracts attention and you end up with a lot of questions. Consider some black rustoleum if you are not up for field inspections.
Old 11-17-2011, 04:59 AM
JK Super Freak

This is a helluva lot easier to install than the JKS piece. Unfortunately it is a guessing game to determine whether it works with a JKS track bar.
Old 11-17-2011, 10:13 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 69mach1
Can it be used with the Teraflex Monster Track bar?
Didnt work w/mine.
Old 11-17-2011, 10:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

This is a helluva lot easier to install than the JKS piece. Unfortunately it is a guessing game to determine whether it works with a JKS track bar.
Why guess? Call up Richard at Rock Solid and ask him.
Old 11-17-2011, 10:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by highwayman
Didnt work w/mine.
From their site:

IMPORTANT (regarding product compatibility):
Our Steering Box Brace requires a track bar that is either flat, or extends forward, at the frame end. Your OEM JK front track bar — or ANY aftermarket track bar that bends upward (vs. outward) over the differential) — will NOT work with our steering brace. The only exception is Option #3 (RSP-SBB-JK-V3.0). See our Rocksolid Performance Adjustable Front Track Bar, available separately.
Old 11-21-2011, 12:08 PM
JK Newbie

Default just ordered both

I just ordered both Rocksolid Performance track bar and steering shaft brace,I will post pictures after install and comment

Quick Reply: JKS Sector Shaft Reinforcement Kit Anybody?