Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

JKS Sector Shaft Reinforcement Kit Anybody?

Old 10-27-2011, 03:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i love mine it is not a hard job but it does involve a lil welding, IF you run a DRAG LINK FLIP you have to run a jks track bar that they came up with to able you to run the flip kit and the sector shaft brace together.
Old 10-28-2011, 07:22 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by smeede
I have been having problems with my steering wheel being off a few deg's left or right after wheeling in the rocks. I adj the drag link to get it back to cntr but not sure why this keeps happening. Has anyone else had this problem? Wondering if the the Sector shaft reinforcement bracket will help this Running stock Rucicon 2dr with 1.5 BB.
I doubt ur having a sector shaft issue on the stockers. I didnt know u were still having issues w/the steering wheel. Have you been checking the ride height after your initial install? I have a feeling the stock coils are starting to squat on ya.
Old 10-28-2011, 07:28 AM
JK Junkie

I run the JKS brace only and I can tell you it doesn't do a damn thing for the Steering, it was more of a preventive measure for the upper track bar. It is one hell of a nice piece in person, solid welds and really beefy. I will eventually get the cross member and sector shaft brace wich I'm sure will allevieate some of the sloppy steering that plauges these vehicles when you add larger tires.
Old 10-28-2011, 07:30 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by HeatTreater
Rock solid is bolt on.
Be sure to do research before getting this thing. Plan on a trackbar replacement if you do decide to go with it. I can tell you from my experience I wont deal w/the guy in the future, based on how he handled the fallout from this brace.
Old 10-28-2011, 07:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HeatTreater
I'm running a rock soild unit been working great so far.
I like the look of this unit. Any additional comments on it would be appreciated.
Old 10-28-2011, 07:55 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by WCDAVE
I like the look of this unit. Any additional comments on it would be appreciated.
PM sent.....
Old 10-28-2011, 08:01 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by highwayman

PM sent.....
I you wanna PM me your explanation as well I would appreciate it. Steering overhaul is the next step in my modding
Old 10-28-2011, 08:05 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JKred
I you wanna PM me your explanation as well I would appreciate it. Steering overhaul is the next step in my modding
Sent.......
Old 10-28-2011, 08:33 AM
JK Freak

why is the rock solid option not a good idea? Mine is in the mail now and I have the RK track bar, relocated to the upper hole on a relo bracket on the axle with a drag link flip. the track bar tilts up at the frame side before it goes down around the diff which was making me wonder if this is going to be a clearance issue during up travel? Tom- is the axle side track bar mount on the PR44 higher than stock like mine making it more horizontal? I'm wondering if it'll fit with my setup now...
Old 10-31-2011, 02:24 PM
JK Junkie

So I spent about 15 minutes on the phone with a JKS tech today talking about upgrading to the rest of this kit and clearance issues. It will work with the Currie flip kit and with the 3rd Gen JKS trackbar as long as you have more than 3inches of lift any less and you'll run into problems with clearance. He also said that they're making an newer version of the trackbar that will work for people with 3 inches and lower. There will be no upgrade option though since it's not being sold as a trackbar but as a "trackbar steering shaft brace". And the original would still serve its purpose as a trackbar. I'm going to pull the trigger on the remainder of the kit and I'll give a review of how it does once installed.

Quick Reply: JKS Sector Shaft Reinforcement Kit Anybody?