Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

JKS Sector Shaft Reinforcement Kit Anybody?

Old 10-27-2011, 11:10 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default JKS Sector Shaft Reinforcement Kit Anybody?

Has anybody had this kit installed yet and if so how did it go?

I was trying to figure out how to do this very thing but it was "fab" intensive so I abandoned the attempt. I would have to get rid of my Monster track bar cause it would definitely interfere. The DOM aftermarket bars just fold up though so I would need to find a sturdy alternative.

I have gone though two steering boxes due to sector shaft slop and the third one is starting to wear now. If this solution is working for folks I would save up for one and a new trackbar

Mike
Old 10-27-2011, 11:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Deepwater
Has anybody had this kit installed yet and if so how did it go?

I was trying to figure out how to do this very thing but it was "fab" intensive so I abandoned the attempt. I would have to get rid of my Monster track bar cause it would definitely interfere. The DOM aftermarket bars just fold up though so I would need to find a sturdy alternative.

I have gone though two steering boxes due to sector shaft slop and the third one is starting to wear now. If this solution is working for folks I would save up for one and a new trackbar

Mike
I was just having this discussion with someone else on another thread. Sector shaft reinforcement would be great, not sure who makes it though (besides JKS as you noted). I'm finding my steering wheel is quite a bit off after hard wheeling, and right now my pitman arm is extremely close to, if not contacting my sway bar at full driver side lock.

Subscribed...
Old 10-27-2011, 11:15 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

We have installed about 6 of these kits and they work awesome.

David
Old 10-27-2011, 11:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Northridge4x4
We have installed about 6 of these kits and they work awesome.

David
Dave, would this solve my problem of my pitman arm being way to far to the driver side? Or just prevent it from getting worse? The pic is of it about .5 inch from the sway bar. I think at full lock it contacts. Or is close...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3862274041.jpg
Views:	448
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	229167  
Old 10-27-2011, 11:27 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JKred
I was just having this discussion with someone else on another thread. Sector shaft reinforcement would be great, not sure who makes it though (besides JKS as you noted). I'm finding my steering wheel is quite a bit off after hard wheeling, and right now my pitman arm is extremely close to, if not contacting my sway bar at full driver side lock.

Subscribed...
I'm running a rock soild unit been working great so far.
Old 10-27-2011, 11:32 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have issues with mine. Subscribed. Does anyone know if there is a bolt on kit out there? My welder is farrrr away:(
Old 10-27-2011, 01:34 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by GreenJK07
I have issues with mine. Subscribed. Does anyone know if there is a bolt on kit out there? My welder is farrrr away:(
Rock solid is bolt on.

Trending Topics

Old 10-27-2011, 02:06 PM
JK Newbie

I have been having problems with my steering wheel being off a few deg's left or right after wheeling in the rocks. I adj the drag link to get it back to cntr but not sure why this keeps happening. Has anyone else had this problem? Wondering if the the Sector shaft reinforcement bracket will help this Running stock Rucicon 2dr with 1.5 BB.
Old 10-27-2011, 02:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by smeede
I have been having problems with my steering wheel being off a few deg's left or right after wheeling in the rocks. I adj the drag link to get it back to cntr but not sure why this keeps happening. Has anyone else had this problem? Wondering if the the Sector shaft reinforcement bracket will help this Running stock Rucicon 2dr with 1.5 BB.
I have to re adjust mine every time I wheel rocks.... Hence my concern as well
Old 10-27-2011, 02:29 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

JKS makes three different products that make one kit

check these out.

http://www.northridge4x4.com/proddet...rod=JKS-OGS164

http://www.northridge4x4.com/proddet...rod=JKS-OGS165

http://www.northridge4x4.com/proddet...rod=JKS-OGS163

and then the kit

http://www.northridge4x4.com/proddet...=JKS-OGS166KIT

I have one of these on our 4 door and i havent had any issues.

David

Quick Reply: JKS Sector Shaft Reinforcement Kit Anybody?