Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Jks rear trackbar rubbing coils

Old 02-16-2012, 12:32 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jks rear trackbar rubbing coils

I've seen this topic before but last night I installed my jks adjustable rear trackbar and noticed it was barely touching the right rear coil (the jam nut). I've seen some of the solutions, but would new rear uca's help me out?
Old 02-16-2012, 12:44 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Atch
I've seen this topic before but last night I installed my jks adjustable rear trackbar and noticed it was barely touching the right rear coil (the jam nut). I've seen some of the solutions, but would new rear uca's help me out?
You might want to try some RK correction wedges that will straighten your spring, only about 35 bucks
Old 02-16-2012, 12:58 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ahd this problem on my 2010 JKU. I ahd a pro comp 4" and the spring hit that jam nut constantly. I used the RK wedges and a spring retainer kit and it fixed the problem. A bitch to put on, but it was fixed. I ahve slight contact again on my 12 with FT 3" lift. But this time it is becasue I ahve upper and lower CAs. The length of the lower to slide the axle back is fine, but the uppers can't get short enough to rotate the axle forward to straighten the springs. So, I can shorten the lower, or (and what i am going to do), I am going to cut the sheath portion of the upper CA by about 0.5 inch. Are you runnning lower CAs? or are your springs just bowing?
Old 02-16-2012, 02:02 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thx for the help guys, problem fixed, I believe coil was not 100% seated I convinced it a little and now I have clearance!!

Quick Reply: Jks rear trackbar rubbing coils