Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

JKS Quick Disconnects

Old 09-21-2013, 09:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jstikel3
About to pull the trigger on the JKS Quick Discos. Everytime I disconnect I just use 550 paracord to secure to the frame since I know it will not break. I do have a question though, I have the 2" HD OME lift and like everyone else I netted more than advertised. Should I just go ahead and go with the 2.5"-6" quick discos or stick to the 0'-2" model?
Are you going to add more lift? Will you be adding accessories that may cause the front to droop reducing your net gain? I have the longer ones on my rig with a 3.25 lift and they are almost screws down all the way. that being said, when the genius who owned it before me installed the lift they did not change out the front links for longer ones. The reason for the specific range on the discos is to keep your tire from hitting the disco pin at full lock. Using the proper length keeps the correct angle on the sway bar and puts the the pin in the perfect place to avoid the tire, to hight or low and it moves into the turning radius. If you plan on increasing your lift and don't make full lock turns I would say you would be ok with the longer one, otherwise I'd stay with the correct one for your lift height.

Quick Reply: JKS Quick Disconnects