Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

JKS Quick Disconnect issue (warranty)

Old 01-07-2014, 12:47 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JKS Quick Disconnect issue (warranty)

Hey all, a few weeks ago the "upper stud" that holds the rod to the sway bar sheared off while driving to work. I tried to get in contact with JKS customer service and warranty replacement department, but every time I called I was forwarded to an answering machine or the call just dropped. So I sent them pictures via email showing the damage. They asked me to provide the original purchase receipt so e could proceed with warranty replacement. The next day I sent a scanned copy of the receipt and have yet to receive any correspondence , and I have resent the emails 3 times. I have also tried calling them back (three times today) several time to several numbers and keep getting transferred to voicemail or dropped. It's been 3 weeks since I first contacted them about the issue, and nothing.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to bash the company, I really like JKS and their products, I'm just getting concerned that I haven't been able to get the problem fixed. I really don't want to have to buy another set of disco's because of one broken piece. And I hate driving on the highway disconnected.

Has any one else had an issue like this with them?

Thanks,
Brad
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	386
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	522048
Old 01-07-2014, 01:36 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by bwcastle
Hey all, a few weeks ago the "upper stud" that holds the rod to the sway bar sheared off while driving to work. I tried to get in contact with JKS customer service and warranty replacement department, but every time I called I was forwarded to an answering machine or the call just dropped. So I sent them pictures via email showing the damage. They asked me to provide the original purchase receipt so e could proceed with warranty replacement. The next day I sent a scanned copy of the receipt and have yet to receive any correspondence , and I have resent the emails 3 times. I have also tried calling them back (three times today) several time to several numbers and keep getting transferred to voicemail or dropped. It's been 3 weeks since I first contacted them about the issue, and nothing.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to bash the company, I really like JKS and their products, I'm just getting concerned that I haven't been able to get the problem fixed. I really don't want to have to buy another set of disco's because of one broken piece. And I hate driving on the highway disconnected.

Has any one else had an issue like this with them?

Thanks,
Brad
Attachment 522048
Have you tried getting the dealer where you bought them involved, or did you just buy them and install yourself?

if you bought them from one of the better vendors like Northridge or Rebel or Off Road Elements, I'm sure they would do their best at helping you out...

I've had no problems with mine,, if they have many problems I'm sure you will get a lot of feedback on here.

matthew
Old 01-07-2014, 01:43 PM
JK Junkie

You don't have to purchase an entire set, they have parts available. Jks is currently owned by another company in cooperation with a few other small companies. You may have better luck with the parent company.
Old 01-07-2014, 01:54 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I find that posting up on a company's Facebook page will often times bring a quick response.

www.facebook.com/JKSMFG
Old 01-07-2014, 02:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Lower Bolt

I had a lower bolt break on a trip. Had no time to go through JKS and had to buy another set via Amazon Prime (overnighted to motel). If you strike out on JKS and getting a part, PM me and I will see if I have what you are looking for. Think I have both the tapered (think tapered is at top) and squared off bolt somewhere.
Old 01-07-2014, 02:31 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Schlieko
I had a lower bolt break on a trip. Had no time to go through JKS and had to buy another set via Amazon Prime (overnighted to motel). If you strike out on JKS and getting a part, PM me and I will see if I have what you are looking for. Think I have both the tapered (think tapered is at top) and squared off bolt somewhere.
Thank you for the offer, I need the tapered one. If things don't end up working out I'll shoot you a PM

Originally Posted by Matthewd5
Have you tried getting the dealer where you bought them involved, or did you just buy them and install yourself?

if you bought them from one of the better vendors like Northridge or Rebel or Off Road Elements, I'm sure they would do their best at helping you out...

I've had no problems with mine,, if they have many problems I'm sure you will get a lot of feedback on here.

matthew
I bought them through 4WheelParts and installed myself, they were no help because "they no longer carry JKS"

Originally Posted by karls
You don't have to purchase an entire set, they have parts available. Jks is currently owned by another company in cooperation with a few other small companies. You may have better luck with the parent company.
If Sport Truck USA is the parent company then I've been having no luck through them either
Old 01-07-2014, 03:51 PM
JK Freak

On the jks website I remember reading there was a issue with company's buying and selling imitation jks quicker disconnects. Not sure if that's the case
Old 01-07-2014, 04:27 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

I had JKS and thought they were top quality compared to Tera Flex discos but this is at least the third time I have read about the tapered post shearing. They should have used grade 8 instead of stainless perhaps.
Old 01-07-2014, 04:34 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by karls
I was looking for parts for my discos but when I went to checkout the shipping came to be $24 on about $6 worth of parts. So I called them to see if there was any other shipping offer I was told no "pay the shipping or don't get the parts" "maybe go in with some buddy's and order more cause the shipping would be the same". I found it kind of crazy that then couldn't take it to the post office and mail it out for a few bucks.. Anyway it's not worth paying $4 for a spare bolt and $24 on shipping, just the principle I guess..
Augi
Old 01-07-2014, 04:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

The reason 4 wheel parts no longer carries JKS discos is because they've had problems with them.

I had the JKS on my last Jeep and they were fine. I went to get another set for my new Jeep and that is when I found out about that there were problems. I ended up getting the Rubicon express ones instead (haven't installed yet).

Quick Reply: JKS Quick Disconnect issue (warranty)