Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

JKS front trackbar question.....

Old 09-22-2008, 04:56 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JKS front trackbar question.....

I went to hit the purchase button on a new trackbar this morning and then noticed it says "some drilling required".....Here is the JKS part # I am looking at, PN OGS1211......is this the right one?....Should it not be a bolt on item?

Thanks for any help, I realy want to get this purchased today so I can have it on for next weekend....

here is a link to the JKS site showing the bar..

http://store.jksmfg.com/merchant2/me...bar_Components

I am also concerned because it says it is good for 0 to 6" of lift.....seems like allot of adjustment to me, I only have a 2" lift. I have driven it tis way for over 20K miles with no problems, but I want to put quick discos on it and I am thinking my axle should be centered to disconnect.....Am I right on this thinking?

Last edited by BaltChief; 09-22-2008 at 04:58 AM.
Old 09-22-2008, 05:00 AM
JK Freak

I just installed mine this weekend no drilling required on mine and I am running a 2.5 teraflex bb.
[IMG][URL=http://imageshack.us][/[/IMG]
Old 09-22-2008, 05:17 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by bahadden
I just installed mine this weekend no drilling required on mine and I am running a 2.5 teraflex bb.
[IMG][URL=http://imageshack.us][/[/IMG]

Is it the same model # shown?
Old 09-22-2008, 05:22 AM
JK Freak

yep, install was fairly easy, 21mm socket and wrench and a torque wrench that can be set at 125ft lbs. my wife even said the ride is different. the instructions say the lower bent joint needs to be up due to suspension clearence while articulating. I got mine cheaper through Quadratec
Old 09-22-2008, 05:29 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by bahadden
yep, install was fairly easy, 21mm socket and wrench and a torque wrench that can be set at 125ft lbs. my wife even said the ride is different. the instructions say the lower bent joint needs to be up due to suspension clearence while articulating. I got mine cheaper through Quadratec
Thanks.....
Old 09-22-2008, 05:31 AM
JK Freak

yeah man any time
Old 09-22-2008, 05:47 AM
JK Super Freak

Installed mine Thursday and went wheelin this weekend. What a differance having a adjustable trackbar made. No more wobble or anything. Just make sure you recenter your steering wheel when finished

Last edited by PirateKitty; 09-23-2008 at 08:17 AM.

Quick Reply: JKS front trackbar question.....