Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

JKS front trackbar bushing replacment

Old 05-29-2011, 11:07 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JKS front trackbar bushing replacment

this rig has JK front and rear TB's... The front TB bushings are shot already and was wondering what to get to replace them.

Is it the same bushing as whats in the stock control arms because I can get them for about $10 at the local parts store?

Or... is there a good upgrade because 2 years seems pretty premature for failure?

After reading some of these posts, I noticed that some were saying to check the bend for "flex". I am getting serious death wobble and have tried everything else.

Thanx guys
Old 05-30-2011, 03:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rab986
this rig has JK front and rear TB's... The front TB bushings are shot already and was wondering what to get to replace them.

Is it the same bushing as whats in the stock control arms because I can get them for about $10 at the local parts store?

Or... is there a good upgrade because 2 years seems pretty premature for failure?

After reading some of these posts, I noticed that some were saying to check the bend for "flex". I am getting serious death wobble and have tried everything else.

Thanx guys
How many miles do you have on the trackbar? What type of conditions? Are you sure it's just bad bushings? May be the bracket or bracket bolt hole or a loose bolt? Would definitely change the bushings but be sure to check all mentioned above as well. Chances are that domething else is damaged If you're experiencing DW for some time.

Good luck
Old 05-30-2011, 03:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

For the price of them and seeing they are not going to break the bank, go with the rubber ones instead of poly. As mentioned too, check for some looseness and play in the front end, not just the trackbar.
Old 05-30-2011, 05:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PhantomRescue
For the price of them and seeing they are not going to break the bank, go with the rubber ones instead of poly. As mentioned too, check for some looseness and play in the front end, not just the trackbar.
X2 for the rubber bushings.

Quick Reply: JKS front trackbar bushing replacment