Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

JKS front track bar brace

Old 12-27-2008, 08:00 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default JKS front track bar brace

Does anyone have any pics of the new JKS front track bar bracket installed. I am thinling of getting both the front and rear, I hate that lurking feeling that everytime I hit a pot hole my bracket is going to break. Any pics would be appreciated.
Old 12-27-2008, 08:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Huh?

Where did you see a front track bar brace for the JK from JKS? They have a rear brace, but have never seen a front.
Old 12-27-2008, 08:29 PM
JK Freak

David @ Northridge started a thread about it in the vendor section, but the pic is of it just sitting in place and not completley installed.
Old 12-28-2008, 05:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

gokracer1 has them both. i haven't seen any pics of the install yet and he doesn't have any in his gallery that i can see. you might pm him. i had the rear installed and am very pleased with it.

post 3977

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...=7636&page=398
Old 12-29-2008, 12:16 PM
JK Junkie

Sorry I just saw this, but I also just got more info on an issue I was having w/ it... Rear was GREAT... Front..

Turns out that the JKS Bracket needs a spherical bearing on one end. I was not advised of this and talked to JKS and Northridge about it. I am sure that issue will either be now advised or redesigned on JKS's part.

The problem is if you have a bushing style SS like most all of us do, you have to have the mount on the drag link side facing to the rear parallel with the ground. This being said you also move the axle side mount of the SS to the drivers side more about 4-5 inches. So when you turn left, SS goes right into the diff cover.

Anyway here is what the SS is suppose to look like. These are pics w/ a custom made Radflo SS w/ spherical bearing on one end.

Last edited by Gokracer1; 01-02-2009 at 10:18 AM.
Old 12-29-2008, 12:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

good info to know, I have yet to install mine.
Old 12-29-2008, 12:39 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by JKfireman
good info to know, I have yet to install mine.
Ya I was looking for our old post but couldn't find them. I was trying to contact you before you installed yours. I knew you and me were like the first to get these. Glad you know of this
Old 12-29-2008, 01:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah still trying to figure out what i'm going to need to do.
Old 12-29-2008, 05:38 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Gokracer1
Sorry I just saw this, but I also just got more info on an issue I was having w/ it... Rear was GREAT... Front..

Turns out that the JKS Bracket needs a spherical bearing on one end. I was not advised of this and talked to JKS and Northridge about it. I am sure that issue will either be now advised or redesigned on JKS's part.

The problem is if you have a bushing style SS like most all of us do, you have to have the mount on the drag link side facing to the rear parallel with the ground. This being said you also move the axle side mount of the SS to the drivers side more about 4-5 inches. So when you turn left, SS goes right into the diff cover.

Anyway here is what the SS is suppose to look like. That is w/ a pic of custom made Radflo SS w/ spherical bearing on one end.

Thanks for the info, I think I'll hold off until they get the kinks worked out, I will be getting both at some point (sooner rather than later) because the thought of the stock setup breaking on the hwy scares the hell out of me. Again thanks for the info.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:14 AM
JK Junkie

One issue I found w/ this that I failed to mention is. If you are running a TF HD Front TB and you relocate it to the upper bolt hole you may have some contact w/ the TB and Power Steering gear shaft/nut. I have TF 3" and mine just touched so I notched the TB like 1/16 of an inch and it stuffs w/out hitting now. If you have another brand TB you will prob be ok. I know TF HD TB is MASSIVE!! So notching it was not even a concern of mine.

Quick Reply: JKS front track bar brace