Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

JKS Discos

Old 03-26-2008, 05:16 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JKS Discos

Ok so I finally got my JKS discos installed. After I test drove it and it rides fine on the road....

I ordered the discos for the 2.5 inch+ lift jeeps and dont have a lift. Didnt mean to but did , David told me I should be ok though. Just to make sure I disco if I do any type of offroading.

Needless to say I am about 10 degrees as opposed to the supposed 5.......... whats the deal with this degrees thing anyways?

I do plan on doing the OME lift as soon as I get the $ do I would like to keep the Discos but IF I need to I can order in the regular ones and keep the ones I have now for when I have lift,

Since I already have hte other stuff installed it should be super simple switching the links in and out(if I decided to get hte little ones)
Old 03-26-2008, 05:24 PM
JK Newbie

How are you securing them when disconnected?
Old 03-26-2008, 05:37 PM
JK Freak

well i havent disco yet but I will probably use zip ties and do them level

Just installed tonight, will disco this weekend
Old 03-26-2008, 06:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by derekls
Ok so I finally got my JKS discos installed. After I test drove it and it rides fine on the road....

I ordered the discos for the 2.5 inch+ lift jeeps and dont have a lift. Didnt mean to but did , David told me I should be ok though. Just to make sure I disco if I do any type of offroading.

Needless to say I am about 10 degrees as opposed to the supposed 5.......... whats the deal with this degrees thing anyways?

I do plan on doing the OME lift as soon as I get the $ do I would like to keep the Discos but IF I need to I can order in the regular ones and keep the ones I have now for when I have lift,

Since I already have hte other stuff installed it should be super simple switching the links in and out(if I decided to get hte little ones)
It's a Northridge thing. You probably did order the ones for use without the lift. I did and Northridge sent me the longer ones. Northridge doesn't stock the shorter ones even though the part number on the web site is the shorter part. David claims that they are ok to use without a lift. He claims they have tested it and it works fine despite being outside of JKS recommended +/-5 degrees. He thinks they are helping you out by giving you the longer links now so you don't have to buy them later when you lift. But, JKS doesn't agree that you should use the longer links with a stock setup. I sold my longer ones and bought another set of the shorter ones from another company. I only plan to do a 2" lift. If you plan on lifting more than 2" in the future I would keep the longer ones. You are probably ok in the meantime. There are other folks here who have the longer links with a stock setup and have not expressed any issues.

As for zip ties these disconnects are fully removable. So, the only thing that needs to be zip tied up is the swaybar itself. Check the writeups section as I recall a thread with a picture of how to properly zip tie the sway bar so that it is level.
Old 03-26-2008, 06:14 PM
JK Freak

That is indeed interesting about the ones I ordered and the ones I got. I dont feel it to big a deal.

It may be a year or so before I lift mine though. I will go with the OME which If I remember correctly is 2.5 inch +

On another thought - I will keep a close eye on these 'longer' links and make sure everything is going ok, and if need be Ill get the shorter ones.

Since they where like 139 shipped I am not to worried if I will have to buy the shorter ones to.

Thanks for the replies so far
Old 03-27-2008, 07:54 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It's a Northridge thing. You probably did order the ones for use without the lift.
No it really is not. He did order the 2034's. Like I said you should be fine but if you feel better about getting the 0-2's thats fine let me know.

David
Old 03-27-2008, 08:28 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Also we just fixed the webiste to include a drop down with your lift height.

David
Old 03-27-2008, 08:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Got mine on Tuesday, they are the correct ones for my set-up
Thanks Dave!!
Old 03-27-2008, 08:59 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Northridge4x4
No it really is not. He did order the 2034's. Like I said you should be fine but if you feel better about getting the 0-2's thats fine let me know.

David
I ordered the only ones that where listed on your site at the time. My first time ever buying discos of any kind... so I guess I didnt know there where two sizes.

I actually kind of figured since you could adjust them that I was getting the stock + 2.5 inch lift

Need not fear I tested it, rides same as with stock links and I am getting an 2.5 inch OME installed sooner than I expected(hopefully order within a month), so should be alright till then

Last edited by derekls; 03-27-2008 at 09:16 AM.

Quick Reply: JKS Discos