Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Jks disconnects maintanence

Old 08-09-2012, 04:43 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jks disconnects maintanence

Just wondering how to maintain/lubricate these? Mine are much stiffer than before. I noticed they have nipples of some sort. I'm assuming these should be greased? If so, what do you use?
Old 08-09-2012, 05:27 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jeepwave
Just wondering how to maintain/lubricate these? Mine are much stiffer than before. I noticed they have nipples of some sort. I'm assuming these should be greased? If so, what do you use?
Oh yeah, you need to grease them, I grease mine every couple of months. I use whatever jks recommended, can't remember what type of grease it is though.
Old 08-09-2012, 06:36 AM
JK Freak

I just bought a cheap grease gun and grease them at least once a month. Takes 2 seconds to do. Those bushing seem to dry real quick
Old 08-09-2012, 08:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

As said above they tend to dry quick. I grease mine after every wheeling trip.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:20 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jeepwave
those red caps are covering the zerk grease fitting. they need to be greased very often when new for break in then every oil change a pump or two per the instructions. any common axle/bearing grease is fine.
Old 08-09-2012, 02:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

JKS reccomends standard wheel bearing grease I decided to use synthetic wheel bearing grease and it works awesome but you do need to keep up on greasing them at least every oil change!
Old 08-09-2012, 03:18 PM
JK Freak

Cool...thanks for the info guys. I figured, just wasn't sure what grease to buy.

Quick Reply: Jks disconnects maintanence