Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

JKs disconnect pin sheared and axle bracket bent. How? Fix?

Old 05-01-2012, 12:08 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JKs disconnect pin sheared and axle bracket bent. How? Fix?

Not understanding suspension geometry very well I am not sure what would have exerted enough pressure or force to cause this type of damage.

Assuming that everyday driving would not do this, I'm guessing it was damaged while I was 4 wheeling in Sedona Arizona last month and that the JKS disconnect finally slipped out last night. I did not four wheel aggressively in AZ and have no recollection of hitting and anything significantly hard.

Any Ideas on how it would break in this manner (top pin shearing and axle bracket bending inward) ?

Also, ideas on how to bend the bracket on the D30 back into a straight position(other than a BF'ing hammer)

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bent bracket.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	311544   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sheared pin.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	311546  
Old 05-01-2012, 12:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

My lower mount is also bent, and the best i can figure is that it happened while i was disconnected and fully stuffed on the driver side. I think my steering stabilizer mount on the tierod pushed against it while stuffed & turning left. BUT, this is only because i currently dont have a stabilizer, just the tie-rod mount, and it is in a random location....

-Adam
Old 05-01-2012, 12:15 PM
JK Freak

I had a similar issue

My axle tab is bent, and the bottom retainer pin sheared, but nothing happened on the top

I called JKS and he said to make sure I have the retained pin parallel to the ground

I am planning on heating up the tab with a torch and bending it back the 15-20 degrees it's out of whack
Old 05-01-2012, 12:26 PM
JK Freak

My mount was bent on my axel while wheeling I just got a torch an put a lil heat an bent it back... It wasn't perfect but it's just a sway bar won't affect driving unless disconnected so get it close an go with it
Old 05-02-2012, 02:32 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks. I will get out the torch and the hammer.
Old 05-02-2012, 03:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Same thing here, but its because I flipped the tie rod clamp bolt around and the bolt bent the tab turning left...oops. pia to reconnect now, guess I gota heat and beat back into place too
Old 05-03-2012, 04:04 AM
JK Freak

Just heat the axle brackets up and bang em straight. had to do this already. Might have to do it again now that the other side is twisting

Quick Reply: JKs disconnect pin sheared and axle bracket bent. How? Fix?