Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

JK's CPU problems

Old 12-08-2014, 01:49 PM
ade
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wsullivan1221
It's either the 3.73 or 3.21. I'm just having trouble finding out which one it came with. I'm looking through receipts and owners manual and such. Do you know where I can find this? I know the tire and wheel info is on the inside of the driver door so I'm hoping there is something similar somewhere on the Jeep but for axles
You should be able to get a build sheet from Jeep if you give them the VIN number. Also a friendly dealership will be able to look it up.
Old 12-08-2014, 03:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wsullivan1221
It's either the 3.73 or 3.21. I'm just having trouble finding out which one it came with. I'm looking through receipts and owners manual and such. Do you know where I can find this? I know the tire and wheel info is on the inside of the driver door so I'm hoping there is something similar somewhere on the Jeep but for axles
Do you know if you have the max tow pkg on your jeep? If so then you'll have the 3.73, if not then you'll have 3.21s. If you have your original invoice sticker (window sticker) you should be able to confirm it. If you dont have it I think you can call Jeep with your vin and they should be able to tell you or send you a build sheet. Good luck.
Old 12-08-2014, 04:15 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can get your build sheet here. Enter your VIN at the end of the URL, after the vin=ABC123

http://www.jeep.com/webselfservice/B...etServlet?vin=
Old 12-09-2014, 03:05 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by TheNoob
Do you know if you have the max tow pkg on your jeep? If so then you'll have the 3.73, if not then you'll have 3.21s. If you have your original invoice sticker (window sticker) you should be able to confirm it. If you dont have it I think you can call Jeep with your vin and they should be able to tell you or send you a build sheet. Good luck.
this is inaccurate. you do not need max tow group to have 3.73 gearing it is avail as a stand alone option.

Quick Reply: JK's CPU problems