Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

JKS adjustable coil spacer help

Old 04-04-2012, 07:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JKS adjustable coil spacer help

Hey all,

So I need some clarification on these, I'm looking to get bigger tires on my 12' JKU rubi. I priced out a 2.5" TF coil lift, but this JKS system has got my interest.

My questions are;
What do I need in addition to this kit? Track bars? Exhaust spacer? Extend brake lines or E brake?

What size tires will fit? I'd probably get a set of black crager soft 8's with 4.5" backspacing.

Is this kit DIY? I have a fair amount of tools, and fair amount of ability.

Any help is much appreciated!!!
Old 04-04-2012, 02:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

BUMP! I'm talking about the ACOs system, not the pro with the bumpstop's (although i wish i could afford them)
Old 04-06-2012, 10:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Weekend Bump... still looking for any input on what additional mods need to be done? And how DIY friendly is the kit?
Old 04-07-2012, 07:30 PM
JK Newbie

Default jks acos

i put the jks acos spacers on the front of my jeep and it was super easy. probably just over an hour maybe an hour and a half to do both sides.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:24 PM
JK Super Freak

I did the kit as well. You have to cut your factory bumpstops holder just below the weld line.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:27 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Hummin64
Hey all,

So I need some clarification on these, I'm looking to get bigger tires on my 12' JKU rubi. I priced out a 2.5" TF coil lift, but this JKS system has got my interest.

My questions are;
What do I need in addition to this kit? Track bars? Exhaust spacer? Extend brake lines or E brake?

What size tires will fit? I'd probably get a set of black crager soft 8's with 4.5" backspacing.

Is this kit DIY? I have a fair amount of tools, and fair amount of ability.

Any help is much appreciated!!!
Depends on your desired tire size you want? I installed a AEV budget boost for a guy a few months ago and with minor trimming we were able to get a set of 35x12.5x17 on stock rims with 1.5 spacers to clear " non offroading"
Old 04-09-2012, 04:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the input! I heard over the weekend you can use them on the stock Rubi coil, but it's recommended to upgrade the coil. In that case, I think I will do the Coil lift first, and then consider the JKS ACOs. Another question I have is, How hard it is to adjust them, and is it difficult to get level?

Old 04-09-2012, 04:31 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Hummin64
Thanks for the input! I heard over the weekend you can use them on the stock Rubi coil, but it's recommended to upgrade the coil. In that case, I think I will do the Coil lift first, and then consider the JKS ACOs. Another question I have is, How hard it is to adjust them, and is it difficult to get level?

I am running a 2.5 TeraFlex setup on my front and when I adjust them I actually remove the wheel, lower shock bolt, lower swaybar link
Lower it until spring tension is released
Loosen the one Allan bolt
Then twist by hand the retaining ring to increase or decrease desired height.

Quick Reply: JKS adjustable coil spacer help