Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

JK Wheel Spacers

Old 11-18-2013, 06:15 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Huntphreak
I have a 2009 JKUR, I've run bolt-on spacers for over 95,000 miles and 4 sets of tires up to 35's with no issues. Use red lok-tite when you install them and, barring some structure issue in the aluminum, or poor machining of the spacers you are good to go. I have never torque checked my spacer since I installed them almost 5 years ago. The reason for not torque checking them, as some have suggested, is to keep the integrity of the lok-tite.
From what I have read you just have to retorque them to like 5 pounds less just so it doesn't break the lok-tite if they are loose they already broke it, I just got wheel spacers I plan on checking them every 3k when I do my oil change and tires rotation
Old 11-18-2013, 05:41 PM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeek.OlllllllO

From what I have read you just have to retorque them to like 5 pounds less just so it doesn't break the lok-tite if they are loose they already broke it, I just got wheel spacers I plan on checking them every 3k when I do my oil change and tires rotation
You don't actually re-torque them, you just check the torque. Mine have never budged.
Old 11-18-2013, 06:00 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan0260
You don't actually re-torque them, you just check the torque. Mine have never budged.
yeah that lol I didn't use the right words hahahaha

Quick Reply: JK Wheel Spacers