Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

JK Turbo Backing Up Dyno Numbers.....Mass X Distance X Speed X Time!

Old 08-22-2012, 04:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by powrsurg
Forgot to ask, what kind of MPG's are you getting?
I picked Up about 3 MPG.....Stock was 35" with 3.73's on the 6 Speed Manual.
G
Old 08-22-2012, 05:32 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats really good news. It may take awhile but it would eventually pay for itself. I hope they come out with one for the 2012. It will probably take years.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thats really good news. It may take awhile but it would eventually pay for itself. I hope they come out with one for the 2012. It will probably take years.
Oh, It payed for itself the first tome I drove it...The Jeep is totally functional now....All the way thru 6th gear! I can pass at will on the streets, Tow whatever I want....only limited to the brakes now.....and on the trails this thing is rediculous when you go into TQ muliplication! Its the perfect daily driver...My Wife Loves it!
G
Old 08-22-2012, 07:21 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 03HDFB
Oh, It payed for itself the first tome I drove it...The Jeep is totally functional now....All the way thru 6th gear! I can pass at will on the streets, Tow whatever I want....only limited to the brakes now.....and on the trails this thing is rediculous when you go into TQ muliplication! Its the perfect daily driver...My Wife Loves it!
G
Dude youre killing me please stop! LOL

They need to make one for the 2012!
Old 08-22-2012, 07:24 AM
JK Newbie

This is just amazing! Better bang for the buck than hemi. Not quite as much cool factor. But still impressive.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:27 AM
JK Newbie

Also not trying to threadjack but what headlights are in the jeep in the video?
Old 08-22-2012, 07:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Dude youre killing me please stop! LOL

They need to make one for the 2012!

Give Prodigy a Call...Ask for Wes Hamilton (Owner)...The Pentastar is in the works.....I think Twins!!! FN Sick....and you guys with The NAG1 Tranny's....they are sick!!
I have a full race prep NAG1 In my challenger....Trans-Brake and all....you can do a butt load to it!
G
Old 08-22-2012, 07:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

03HDFB, can you talk more about your experience with it offroad? Any issue with "rubber band" effect? I'm not sure what that is or feels like but have heard people mention it and suggest that it affects turbos more than supers. Any heat issues when offroad?
Old 08-22-2012, 09:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by knightrohulk
03HDFB, can you talk more about your experience with it offroad? Any issue with "rubber band" effect? I'm not sure what that is or feels like but have heard people mention it and suggest that it affects turbos more than supers. Any heat issues when offroad?
I'm not sure what the Rubber Band affect means....I've done many Forced induction builds....PB blower, Centi Blower and Turbos. Turbo's and Centi's make the best daily drivers....Boost is much more controlable.....they also have the least amount of heat creation for which the Turbo out performs the Centri....Way less moving parts and the least amount of maint. I love my PD blowers though.....and the best application for them (In My Opinion) is on hot rods...Street and 1/4 mile rigs. The Prodigy Intercooler is huge and really takes the heat out of the charge....Makes killer HP, Perfect on the Road and Off the road. If you're tryting to be green...Then Turbo is the way to go....you might as well make energy from the refuge from the combustion engine.....Love the set-up!
Old 08-22-2012, 10:25 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Smog... ???

I'm new to this whole turbo world, I have 2012 JKU. Will putting a turbo in my Jeep affect my ability to Pass the bi-yearly smog test here in the Peoples Republic of Kalifornia? This sounds like something I would definitely due if i can pass the smog check monster.

Quick Reply: JK Turbo Backing Up Dyno Numbers.....Mass X Distance X Speed X Time!