Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

JK Turbo Backing Up Dyno Numbers.....Mass X Distance X Speed X Time!

Old 07-29-2012, 07:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JK Turbo Backing Up Dyno Numbers.....Mass X Distance X Speed X Time!

Ok,
I Don't know much about this shop...But the Vid was a breath of fresh air! For those Novice HP Mod'ing guys
trying to figure out all these Dyno numbers and what they mean....Here's a good break down Vid for ya. When you're
looking a Dyno number....you have to keep in mind the numbers are only relavent to the Dyno those numbers came Off of....( The Type Of Dyno, The Environment During The Pulls and
What Pull was recorded....as well as a few other key Componants that can be manipulated in the Dyno Software) The Dyno is a great tuning tool only and the end product numbers only
have meaning....if you have before and afters on the same dyno and relativly the same environment during the (2) data collection events......But even then...those end numbers
truly don't mean much till ya put it to the Mass X Distance X Speed X Time Test (A Good 1/4 Mile test) looking at your 60', 1/8 Mile and 1/4 mile times.
I wish they posted all the times during the runs so you could see what the TQ was doing for the heavy jeep....but the Differance between the Stock run and Turbo
is just Silly Sick!!! Those Dyno #'s are pretty spot on from what's posted for info. about the Rig, Track and Set-up.

G

http://vimeo.com/46453287

Last edited by 03HDFB; 07-29-2012 at 07:36 AM.
Old 07-29-2012, 09:13 AM
JK Freak

Very impressive. But I have 2 questions:

1) how much power increase you get in the lower end RPM range, which is what I find most useful.

2) how much time before you start bending rods and destroying cylinder walls of your engine?
Old 07-29-2012, 01:32 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheTerminator
Very impressive. But I have 2 questions:

1) how much power increase you get in the lower end RPM range, which is what I find most useful.

2) how much time before you start bending rods and destroying cylinder walls of your engine?

1)The Jeeps ideal power range is 2-4k rpms and this is exactly where our turbo system makes most of its power. Try for yourself, I think you wil see that if you have an automatic transmission equipped JK the torque converter will put the Jeep at 2,000 rpms immediatley and it will operate entirely in the 2-4k window. If you have a Manual trans you will be in the 2-4k at almost all time. 2k is instant, try it.

2)I understand that because our product is new to the market the skepticism but keep in mind there are zero engine failures and we had more than 30k miles of testing on several vehicles prior to us releasing any to the public for sale. We have found no evidence of premature part wear. To further test how strong the 3.8L engine is we turned up the boost to 12lbs and currently have over 18,000 miles on that test vehicle. At this boost level the Jeep now makes over 350rwhp daily driven with absolutely no troubles. The overall power we have been able to make with the 3.8L is not impossible its just new to the Jeep enthusiasts. Our turbo system is designed to deliver Hemi power at a fraction of the cost and hassle.
Old 07-29-2012, 06:12 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Prodigy Performance
1)The Jeeps ideal power range is 2-4k rpms and this is exactly where our turbo system makes most of its power. Try for yourself, I think you wil see that if you have an automatic transmission equipped JK the torque converter will put the Jeep at 2,000 rpms immediatley and it will operate entirely in the 2-4k window. If you have a Manual trans you will be in the 2-4k at almost all time. 2k is instant, try it.

2)I understand that because our product is new to the market the skepticism but keep in mind there are zero engine failures and we had more than 30k miles of testing on several vehicles prior to us releasing any to the public for sale. We have found no evidence of premature part wear. To further test how strong the 3.8L engine is we turned up the boost to 12lbs and currently have over 18,000 miles on that test vehicle. At this boost level the Jeep now makes over 350rwhp daily driven with absolutely no troubles. The overall power we have been able to make with the 3.8L is not impossible its just new to the Jeep enthusiasts. Our turbo system is designed to deliver Hemi power at a fraction of the cost and hassle.
Nice any plans for the 3.6 engines?

Old 08-02-2012, 05:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by aldaman
Nice any plans for the 3.6 engines?

I hear they've been working a twin set-up.....But that's just what I heard!
If they come thru with that set-up....its gona be killer!
G
Old 08-06-2012, 08:49 AM
Former Vendor

Hey guys we did the work on the jeep in the video, If anyone has any questions feel free to send us a PM, Or if anyone is local feel free to come down to the shop and take a look/go for a spin.

Brandon
Old 08-06-2012, 02:42 PM
JK Newbie

Can we expect something for the 2012 JK ?
Old 08-10-2012, 10:53 AM
JK Newbie

8lbs of boost is nothing for a low compression motor like this, it will have no effect on the wear of the engine (assuming the tune is doing it's job). Throw in a wideband setup for under $200 if you want a little piece of mind.
Old 08-10-2012, 11:10 AM
JK Super Freak

2011 compatible?
Old 08-11-2012, 04:44 AM
Former Vendor

Yes 2011 is supported.

Quick Reply: JK Turbo Backing Up Dyno Numbers.....Mass X Distance X Speed X Time!