Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

JK suspension swap

Old 03-23-2014, 06:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JK suspension swap

wasnt really for sure where to put this so please move it if it need to be, sorry..

So ive only owned JKs and i know that the suspensions have changed over the years. My question is are there any components you can swap over to a TJ wrangler. My step dad just purchased a pretty clean 2001 TJ. Its stock other then previous owner put some ugly alloys and then front and rear tube bumpers. Hes eventually going to put a lift on, but i have a brand new Rubicon suspenson laying on the floor. For the time being i wondered if you could use any of that on the TJ maybe improve the ride or give a little height until he reads up on his TJ

Thanks
Also wouldnt mind any suggestions on stuff for the TJ. This jeep will spend most of its time on rock roads, creek crossings and ditches checking deer cameras, hunting. Bigger tires for sure, but not trying to break the bank....
Old 03-23-2014, 06:45 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

coils and sway bar links are going to be about it.
Old 03-23-2014, 06:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

U think it would be worth swapping coils? Or just use what comes with whatever lift he goes with. I was thinking coils from this and a bb with a set of ome shocks would be ok, and discos. Guess may need a transfer case drop possibly on a TJ ?

Quick Reply: JK suspension swap