Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

JK Storage Tub Enlargement Alternative?

Old 08-25-2011, 01:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default JK Storage Tub Enlargement Alternative?

Hi everyone,

I've been eyeing the JK Storage Tub Enlargement Kit from woods, looks top notch but has a $225 price tag. Plus shipping up to Canada. Anyone know of anyone selling something similar to this? I don't own a welder so a DIY is out of the question as I am not cutting my tub, only to put a rubbermaid container in there.

Call me crazy but $225 seems a little high for a metal box with no top
Old 08-25-2011, 09:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been thinking about doing something like a storage tub enlargement, I'm going to be converting my JK to run duel fuel CNG and I don't want the whole backend to be filled with a huge tank. I have relocated the muffler so maybe I can figure something out that can help you too. Any one else have any ideas?
Old 08-26-2011, 02:44 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Warrior Products also make a rear tub box, similar to Woods. I don't know Warrior's specifics, but worth you looking at it for comparison.
Old 08-26-2011, 03:32 AM
JK Newbie

CNG conversion = awesome! What conversion kit will you be using? My company helped build the CNG filling station in Lindsey, OK.

Originally Posted by Rtwill78
I've been thinking about doing something like a storage tub enlargement, I'm going to be converting my JK to run duel fuel CNG and I don't want the whole backend to be filled with a huge tank. I have relocated the muffler so maybe I can figure something out that can help you too. Any one else have any ideas?
Old 08-26-2011, 03:39 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by Vladimer
... Call me crazy but $225 seems a little high for a metal box with no top
Don't have this Woods' mod (but have several others--I'm holding out for a second fuel tank in that area). However, I want to point out that his products are always top-notch in materials and quality--the very best. I'm certain someone out there can make it cheaper, and if/when they do it will be more cheaply made (which may be perfectly okay with you).
Old 08-26-2011, 12:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the responses everyone.

It looks like the warrior products version is smaller and not as good quality. So looks like I'll be saving for the woods. Thanks guys.
Old 08-27-2011, 08:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cowboybob
CNG conversion = awesome! What conversion kit will you be using? My company helped build the CNG filling station in Lindsey, OK.
I'm actually trying to decide that. I'm probably going to go with a mixer system like the one ewsews.com sells, I don't find too many CNG kits around for the DIY'er. Do you have a recommended kit? Also, who sells tanks locally? Shipping is over $150 on tanks!

I have a brother working for Chesapeake who drives a 1/2 Ton Dodge Pickup everyday on CNG and he says the power is very comparable so I'm going to go for it. When I do it, I'll do a write up.

RT
Old 09-16-2011, 04:56 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Vladimer
Thanks for the responses everyone.

It looks like the warrior products version is smaller and not as good quality. So looks like I'll be saving for the woods. Thanks guys.
Why do you say the Warrior's quality is not as good? I'm looking into both also but haven't seen them in person.
Old 10-01-2011, 06:23 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd like to know the difference between the Woods tub and the Warrior tub, too. Dimensions, capacity, quality? And one have any insight?

Quick Reply: JK Storage Tub Enlargement Alternative?